Moyou stamping plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this may sound incredibly dumb, but I got my first plates and stamper etc the other day, and I was actually scraping too hard and not leaving enough to transfer, thinking I had to in oder to get a "clean" pattern :o maybe that's it?

When Moyou was first demonstrated to me, I was instructed to scrape the stamping plate at a slight angle or tilt and not at a straight right angle iykwim.

I'm also using non acetone to clean stamping plates and stamp by the way.

Maybe you should try using konad paint, which is specially formulated for stamping while you're starting out.
Vinylux wouldn't be the easiest stamping polish in fairness.
Also, you are being advised to be super quick with your application, but maybe you're doing it all a bit too fast?
Grab a sheet of paper to practice on, so you're not constantly wiping your nails.
brush on the polish, scrape once, (I find using an old credit card the best), using firm, but not too hard pressure, press down on the image.
Have a good look at the image to be sure it's all picked up and edges are sharp.
When you're happy, roll the image onto the sheet/nail. It should all take about 30-40 seconds, that's q
uite a long time. So don't rush it!!

Take your time, it'll come to you and it'll be a light bulb moment when it happens. The satisfaction is worth it!! Lol

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm using dissolve to clean stamp and rubber. I'll try practicing on paper, using a credit card and all other suggestions and will let you know. Can't wait for that light bulb moment :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sure on the moyou website it says to scrape at a 45 degree angle, which is quite acute.
I'm waiting for my kit to arrive, so I might be needing pointers too!

Are you waiting for the stamper to dry fully before trying to pick the image up? I'm wondering whether it's slightly damp and repelling the polish....try a lint roller to clean the stamper as chemicals aren't good for the stamper head

I'd try other polishes, some of my vinylux works but most are too thin however I still get an image picked up. Once you've tried to pick up the image and it's not worked, is there polish still visible in the plate? Sorry for all the questions, trying to get to the bottom of it for you xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going to give it another go when back in salon on Tuesday. Will double check that stamper is dry as image notp icking up at all and I've tried opi polishes too. Will let you know how I get on, really appreciate all the advice x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was trying out different designs today - practice on colour pops / colour wheels - saves your nails!

Does anyone know, if I do a set of Shellac normally so I put the topcoat on and then stamp-do I use shellac colours to stamp with or stamping polish? And if polish then why? And is it ok to put shellac top coat over the polish? Sorry for all the questions :o:confused:

Does anyone know, if I do a set of Shellac normally so I put the topcoat on and then stamp-do I use shellac colours to stamp with or stamping polish? And if polish then why? And is it ok to put shellac top coat over the polish? Sorry for all the questions :o:confused:

Yes remove the sticky layer from the topcoat and then stamp. Shellac is too thin to stamp with you need polish with a heavy pigment to stamp with. When you stamp, the layer of polish is so thin that it dries instantly and therefore you are safe to put on another layer of shellac topcoat.

I remove the tacky layer before stamping

Following as I've been having so much trouble with my new creative stamper... But the $2 cheapie off eBay is fine!!! Grr
So frustrating!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have many of them and I love them!

Does anyone have a current discount code? X

I found I was scraping the polish off the plate too hard. Once I relaxed - I found it lifts off perfectly every time. Be gentle with the scraping, remember the angle and be quick. I also would try Konad polish. x

I had difficulties when i first started stamping too. I spent a lot of time watching tutorials on youtube which helped. Then I found the squishy stamper, and everthing worked! I also had to experiment a lot with scraping at different angles and pressures. It will fall into place Im sure xx

Latest posts

Back