Mr Site users please help me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I have just bought a Mr Site package (which they swore blind was easy peasy lemon squeezy to set up - hmmmm not so far:eek:) and I want to transfer my old domain name from freewebs to this one but they are asking me who the registrar of my domain name is at the moment and I have ABSOLUTELY no idea who it may be or how I find out! I have looked at freewebs and they aren't telling me unless it is Wild West Domains which I guess it might be but they aren't calling themselves registrars!? Does anyone know or have any ideas that could help me? I am seriously stumped and I'm not good at this computer lark at the best of times, which this is definately not! Lol! Please I'm desperate! I'll be all your best friends:lol:! Lol Lx

Hi Lucy

Have you signed up to the'alternative' mr site forum? Its been set up by a group of 'mr siters', who also moderate the discussions.

One of the moderators is a guy called Steve who knows loads about websites etc and I'm sure that he could help you.

Meriden xx

Stunning! Thank you! I'll find that now! Lx:hug:

Hi, can you let me know how you get on as I was looking at purchasing one of these!

Good luck!

Just done a "WHOIS" lookup on my Linux box, and the registrar is coming up as Enom:

Domain Name: LUCYSMOBILEBEAUTY.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: eNom - domain name, internet services, dns hosting
Name Server: NS1.FREEWEBS.COM
Name Server: NS2.FREEWEBS.COM
Updated Date: 07-jun-2008
Creation Date: 07-jun-2008
Expiration Date: 07-jun-2010

It's also got the status as "clientTransferProhibited" - so you may need to poke Enom (or Freewebs) to enable the domain transfer, as it won't work as it stands.

hay hun i had the same problem last week when i moved my site over too it is really easy when you get into it just call free webs and get them to transfer you over unless you get into your freewebs setting

Just done a "WHOIS" lookup on my Linux box, and the registrar is coming up as Enom:

Domain Name: LUCYSMOBILEBEAUTY.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: eNom - domain name, internet services, dns hosting
Name Server: NS1.FREEWEBS.COM
Name Server: NS2.FREEWEBS.COM
Updated Date: 07-jun-2008
Creation Date: 07-jun-2008
Expiration Date: 07-jun-2010

It's also got the status as "clientTransferProhibited" - so you may need to poke Enom (or Freewebs) to enable the domain transfer, as it won't work as it stands.

Fabulus Ruth! Have I told you lately how much I love you? And this site! Lol Lx:hug:

hay hun i had the same problem last week when i moved my site over too it is really easy when you get into it just call free webs and get them to transfer you over unless you get into your freewebs setting
Just those 7 little words scare the bejeesus out of me:eek:! I'll get hold of freewebs tomorrow if the email I sent to eNom doesn't work! Thanks for all your help! :hug:

Latest posts

Back