Muffin Tops!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Anyone else heard of these? It's a rather lovely term for the not so lovely dreaded love handles!!!

Do any of you know the best exercises for ridding myself of my muffin tops???

Cant help on the excercises.
But I bought a fab stretchy corset style belt from Dorothy perkins and have discovered a lovely hourglass figure with no muffin top LOL!!!
KxXx

Think its situps with knees bent, going over to opposite side, ie sit up and left hand goes over right knee, lie back down, sit up and right hand goes over left knee, lie back down, gasp a bit and continue

Lol, no sit ups aren't my forte but I'll give it a go, used to do 200 a day so I'll try to get back into the swing of things.

Thanks for the advice!

When I started at the gym they said you cannot tone individual areas. you have to do cardiovascular work to get rid of the bodymass fat and then tone the muscle by doing the dreaded abs work (or wahtever part you want to tone ). They also said that when you start to exercise that you won't lose weight, at least not to start with, as you gain muscle which is heavier than fat, so they advised to take body measurements instead.

So I used to pound on the treadmill for 45 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. I can't run so I power walked. I lost 4 inches off my muffin top and dropped from being nearly a size 14 around that area, to an easy size 10 in about 2 months. And I never once did a situp. It was all from the walking and losing your body fat all over the body. And my weight only dropped by about 4 pounds.

When I started at the gym they said you cannot tone individual areas. you have to do cardiovascular work to get rid of the bodymass fat and then tone the muscle by doing the dreaded abs work (or wahtever part you want to tone ). They also said that when you start to exercise that you won't lose weight, at least not to start with, as you gain muscle which is heavier than fat, so they advised to take body measurements instead.

So I used to pound on the treadmill for 45 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. I can't run so I power walked. I lost 4 inches off my muffin top and dropped from being nearly a size 14 around that area, to an easy size 10 in about 2 months. And I never once did a situp. It was all from the walking and losing your body fat all over the body. And my weight only dropped by about 4 pounds.

Thanks Sassy, I'm doing alot of general all round cardio work of various forms throughout the week (though probably not as much as I should) I just wondered if there was any toning exercises I could do in addition to help target this area. It's all down to hard work and dedication at the end of the day I guess!

I agree with Sass - try anything that is a good all over workout - anything that gets you moving really - fast walking, running, swimming (great for arms too!), energetic classes. If you persist and do it regularly, you will be amazed at how quickly the inches come off (quicker than pounds on the scales too!). Measure your waist (straight over your tummy button), hips etc and record the changes to keep motivated. :)

I lost 4 inches off my muffin top and dropped from being nearly a size 14 around that area, to an easy size 10 in about 2 months. .

gosh... 4 inches sassy..? you did well didnt you..? well done... :)

Muffin top is caused by wearing your trousers too tight. Why not just get a pair that fits? I'm not saying you shouldn't work out and eat right, but what's wrong with looking good in your clothes no matter what your size is??

Muffin top is caused by wearing your trousers too tight. Why not just get a pair that fits? I'm not saying you shouldn't work out and eat right, but what's wrong with looking good in your clothes no matter what your size is??

Cor wish it were that simple! I still wear some of my old jeans that I can now take off without undoing the button :) , and I still have a muffin top - although now it's like a plain old muffin rather than a double choc chip with a cherry on the top! the trouble is most jeans are so darned low cut these days tath you can't just tuck it all in, so it hangs out the sides!

Hey maybe that's why Simon Cowell wears trousers up to hs armpits - really he's 22 stone and it's all squashed under that high waist line!

the trouble is most jeans are so darned low cut these days tath you can't just tuck it all in, so it hangs out the sides!

Glad that I am not the only one doing the tummy tuck in lmao

the prob i have with getting trousers that fit the waist is that i end up with trousers that look like biggles around the thigh:cry::cry::cry: i sware to god i tried on a pair of trousers the other day that fit perfect around my waist but if i walked too fast i,m sure i would have taken off.. they looked really hugh around the thighs.. and as for these trousers that stop just below the knee well.. with my sparrow legs they look like flares that had shunk:lol::lol::lol: i hate my legs:irked::irked::irked:

Everyone may not like her but have you read Victoria beckhams new book ?

It's all about fashion and making the right choices for your shape,not just designer but high street brands too.

I would recomend it to anyone,especially those having problems with clothing and those who don't dress to compliment their shape.

Ok ,i still need to tone up,but no more muffin top for me :lol:

Well I have my very own Trinny and Sussanah at home. my younger daughter Natalie takes me out and sorts me out. Gets me to wear stuff i'd never even look at, never mind wear, and it looks great! It's a shame her textiles wasn't such an oaf with a negative attitiude and stopped her from progressing onto college as she is a natural at fashion. Blinking teachers can ruin a whole person's future ... but that's a whole different thread altogether!

Latest posts

Back