My 1st Shellac french!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
I loved how the french looked, and the client was really pleased too, however, she said she felt it chipped more than when she has a colour....Hmmmm....anyone else had this (question mark).

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 3,283
Lovely Job :hug:
Its important to remember not to apply too thickly when doing the french white to ensure it lasts as well as a colour.
Its important to seal the ends as well with each coat still, the ends here look a little uneven on some which could possibly indicate your capping and leaving too much product there, hence why it may be not lasting as well.
Also ensure you are covering the entire nail with your top coat.
Thin to win!
Take a look at this video, it pretty much covers all essential points I think.

Videos posted by FingerNailFixer: Chip prevention ideas for CND Shellac french | Facebook

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback :)

I think after reading your reply and looking again at my pic, I remember now...I think the uneveness on the free edge is from finding there was a couple of nails that had a tiny bit of filed nail left on there after I'd shaped her nails, so maybe where there were blobs of thicker product....this contributed to the chipping, as I always aim to apply the product as thinly as possible and seal every coat...but I must admit, my cream puff is thicker in consistency now than when I first got it...so that doesn't help :|

Sometimes when you work by yourself you miss having another nail tech to bounce off...thank goodness for Salongeek!! :D

I remember now...I think the uneveness on the free edge is from finding there was a couple of nails that had a tiny bit of filed nail left on there after I'd shaped her nails, so maybe where there were blobs of thicker product....this contributed to the chipping, :|

I would think so. When your scrubfreshing make sure you do it over the free edge too to remove any debris or frilly bits left from filing, they will almost certainly be the cause if they were there as they would not be adhered to the nail and so neither will the Shellac be.
Otherwise it looks a great job.
I work alone too so understand how you feel, this site really is invaluable and has helped me in business so much since I began. Nowhere else could you get the valuable feedback and advice offered so freely here. I dont know where I'd be without it... probably still a nursery nurse! x

Nice, what are the colours you used ?

Thanks chocolatepickle :D ...and I agree re. Salongeek!

The colours I used on the French are all Shellac:

Clearly pink for the 1st coat
Cream Puff on the free edge
Negligee over the top (That's my favourite combo :wink2:

Thanks for the kind comment loza :D

Looks fantastic! Well done!

Latest posts

Back