My 9 year old at birthday pamper-no consult or signatures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
My daughter age 9 is at her friends party this evening.
This party is at a beauty salon where they are getting their nails, hair and make up done with karaoke.

I explained to the mum of the birthday girl that my daughter has sensitive skin and has had a reaction to make up previously so I don't want her to have anything on her eyes, I told her it was ok for her have a bit of lipstick or lipgloss and a tiny bit of blush (if that is in line with what the others are having) as I don't want her to feel left out and it's her eyelids that have reacted previously (although I don't know what products she had put on as it was at a friends house playing that they applied the products).

I also asked if I would need to fill out any consultation cards or sign anything before the party. I heard nothing back from the mum about signatures or consult cards so when I dropped my daughter off I took her into the shop and asked again about signing consult cards or anything and was told there is nothing to sign.

I left feeling a little concerned that these kids of 9 & 10 are getting products used on them without the tech's asking any medical questions or having any signed parental consent.

Would you have left your child?
Am I over reacting or is it the tech in me saying things are not 100% at this salon?

I am due to collect her shortly and really hoping that all is well and the birthday girl's mum has ensured the tech's do as I wish and avoid make up on my daughters eye area. Have to admit I feel a bit sick at the thought of what could go wrong even though they are only having basic things done.

I don't think you are over reacting, you are just be a concerned mum which natural as you to protect your child.

I don't have kids of my own, but I do have a teen step daughter and I would not let her have and treatments at a pamper party without a consult being done

to be honest i think if it had been me i wouldve stayed!!just to make sure especially seeing as your daughter had a reaction before and you dont know what to.

we are mums first and techs second and if your instincts were telling you something was a miss then i wouldve stayed.....maybe go back early and lurk about lol (dont worry what your daughter thinks, its her interests youhave at heart)xxx

A little update...
I couldn't stay as I had an appointment booked in before I knew she had the party invite (thankfully I could drop her off & collect her again between appointments), I did go over early to collect her but she had already had all her treatments done by that point and they were working on the others.

Thankfully they did avoid her eyes with make up and she told me that she sat there telling them all about how 'mam is a mobile thingy, goes all over the place and does spray tans, waxing, nails and stuff' lol. Then when I was collecting her she made me tell them what I do to make sure she hasdn't forgot anything lol.

I have to go back out again now for my last appointment of the night.

Glad everything went well, I've been considering prom pamer days (for junior school leavers) where we would have them in, do their hair, makeup and nails so they can go get dressed and go to their prom but hasn't thought about consent forms or a consultation that could be sent out.
I'd obviously want the parents that aren't there to feel completely
At ease that their kids were cared for at a high level.
Xoxo

Of course you were not over reacting. My daughter is 10 at the end of the month and wants me to do a pamper party for her. That's fine by me, her invites have been done and consultation forms as well. All the mums have commented on how professional it is. The way I see it is as a tech I am not happy to do children or teens without signed consent from parents. As a mum I would be worried about my daughter attending a party like that without signing anything.

I'm glad it went well and that they listened to you with regards to the make up.xx

Latest posts

Back