My blood is boiling!! Skincare advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilyloukatiekoo

Reaction score
Just need to rant an get your opinions,
Having advertised on net mums a few times and used the site myself as I have small children,
I was browsing through the other day when I noticed someone asking for advise on their skin, I left impartial advise not bad mouthing any skin care product, and not advertising my business as this is not what she had asked for just advise, I did however mention what products I used for my facials and that I was a mobile therapist but was happy for her to call just for advise.
So after spending time offering my advise someone else jumps on the end of the post, with their number and offering exactly the same product facial!!!!
Why would you do that?
Don't people have any etiquette anymore...

I'm afraid not. It's a dog eat dog world out there at the moment. Even more so now that we're in the middle of a recesion. Sad but true.:|

I'm afraid not. It's a dog eat dog world out there at the moment. Even more so now that we're in the middle of a recesion. Sad but true.:|

Sad but true x

I dont really understand, this is the sort of thing I would do also but I wouldnt want to upset anyone in the process nor would I realise I was doing that, perhaps im really naive?.

Did you feel she was stepping on your toes?

I just think Its like someone asking for a therapist in their local area, if someone had replied saying their details does that mean others shouldnt? but this sounds like it was just for advice?

confused.com just dont want to be going around making enemies so I should probably get to know the do's and dont's of the beauty world :)

It's difficult I suppose because if someone asks for a therapist then if lots reply it's giving them a choice of who would be best for them.
But if someone has just asked for advise and a therapist has replied and spent time giving them their knowledge and stated what they do, I think it's a bit rude to then put your business details with exactly the same treatments and products.
Maybe I need to get a bit more ruthless!!!
Same as if someone put a post for their beauty buisness I wouldn't then post straight after with an ad for my own, I would give theirs a chance to be seen and not get bumped down.

That website does my head in for that!
I rarely use it as i find there are more bargain hunters that are more likely to shop on price, if you put a price on (in my area anyway!) there will certainly be people posting right after undercutting.
Whilst many of us have etiquette, many of the 'couple of quid on the side' 'therapists/ techs' wont do.
Take it on the chin, nothing you can do about it.

Latest posts

Back