My business card, what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm that's right guys I didn't think before oh well
I ordered 1000 cards I can't return them... But I could say to have a stamp u need to spend over 20? Like blowdry is 17 only so that wouldn't count only over 20 pounds then I'd sign it errr (())((

Or you could print off some t's & c's for your loyalty scheme (& make sure you note them on your website / Fb etc) - although it would mean you would have to hand them out yourself rather than via a third party. Just an idea....

Maybe when you hand them to your clients when you explain about them just say your terms and conditions x

Looks fab. I'd buy a personalized stamp saying ' 25% off.....And put whatever your offer is if you know what I mean. That way your not wasting your cards. Xx

Can I be cheeky and ask where u get your business cards from thiago? X
babychops, MOO do some really cool and unusual cards as well.
thiago, those cards look great, agree with the comments about re thinking the 25% off promotion xxx

Great ideas guys thanks so much will do that whoop ;)))))

Nice...

I hope you don't think I'm being rude or take offence..
But Would you not have wanted to use your own image rather than a standard one off vista print?

Maybe it's different in your area but I have came across a few of these images on flyers and business cards for mobile hairdressers in my area and it makes me cringe everyone using the same image!

Hope it's different in your area as it is quite a striking photo, one not to be forgotten, hence when a few people use it in the same area it sticks in your head.

Here's an idea of the business card I am currently creating for myself xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360028193.535401.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360028193.535401.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 194
Nice...

I hope you don't think I'm being rude or take offence..
But Would you not have wanted to use your own image rather than a standard one off vista print?

Maybe it's different in your area but I have came across a few of these images on flyers and business cards for mobile hairdressers in my area and it makes me cringe everyone using the same image!

Hope it's different in your area as it is quite a striking photo, one not to be forgotten, hence when a few people use it in the same area it sticks in your head.

Here's an idea of the business card I am currently creating for myself xx

Yeah I was thinking that swell but I haven't c anyone using this image here yet but I'm sure there might be one or 2 I was going to put my own image but then couldn't think of anything next time I will do it... ;)

I hope no one uses that card here lol.

I use a loyalty card for beauty not hair & I just say everything £8 or under I count as a half a treatment so I literally cross the box in half & tick half the box, just an idea on how you can use your cards still x

I was going to use one of these images but wasn't sure if it had anything to do with hair have a look

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061129.569847.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061129.569847.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 145
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061180.134759.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061180.134759.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 137
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061236.283866.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061236.283866.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 139
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061289.684032.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360061289.684032.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 139

Out of these ones I would prob say the silhouette if you could highlight the hair so it stands out and literally use the phrase.

'Let your hair stand out' or something... If not I would ask nicely if you could do a mini photoshoot with a friend that you've done their hair, if you like having a real person on your image.

If not you could do something similar to mine and use a vector to create your image.xx

Out of these ones I would prob say the silhouette if you could highlight the hair so it stands out and literally use the phrase.

'Let your hair stand out' or something... If not I would ask nicely if you could do a mini photoshoot with a friend that you've done their hair, if you like having a real person on your image.

If not you could do something similar to mine and use a vector to create your image.xx

Those pics I posted is my sister so maybe I could do something really Nice with her hair and then take some pics but not sure what kind of pics ;(

Never been overly keen on photos on business cards. The printer said you just want your details and that's all. Nothing to fussy. These are mine x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360070217.914277.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360070217.914277.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 149
Never been overly keen on photos on business cards. The printer said you just want your details and that's all. Nothing to fussy. These are mine x

Nice very nice but I want something more glamour lol

That's fair enough :) each to their own! Xxxxx

Make sure your images are the right resolution. If they're not 300dpi they'll look ok on screen, and probably not bad on a home printer, but if you send them off for professional print- they'll look awful.

Also- injecting your own personality into your branding is a VERY good thing, but make sure you're communicating to the widest audience possible without putting anyone off.

A brand is a sales-tool- nothing more.

Yeah that's great use of images for a brothel!

As suggested you defiantly need some t&c's and as people mentioned check you will be making a profit. I worked in a salon that on appt 6 you or a free product and appt 10 you got a free cut that worked well and encouraged product sales

Yeah that's great use of images for a brothel!

You do make me laugh lol x

Mine doesn't have a photo - I personally think they can look tacky and a business card is basically just something to give people with your contact details on, they will be able to see examples of your work on your website/Facebook etc, I just think photos don't belong on a business card sorry x

Those pics I posted is my sister so maybe I could do something really Nice with her hair and then take some pics but not sure what kind of pics ;(

Your sister is gorgeous ! I think if you we're doing photos of your sister you should take them then simplify them on photoshop. So it's not too photo like on a business card... Like the others said your work can be seen online..but I definitely think an image is effective.

I used to study graphic design and I agree with some of the comments as you don't want it to be too fussy but you want it to stand out and not just be words also... I like something in between..

I think for certain areas of work an image is ideal.. Eg.. Cake business a simple vector image of a cake in the corner or background.. But not an estate agents you wouldn't put a house on.

If you get me?xx

Latest posts

Back