My first attempt at UV gel nails with white tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykate4400

Reaction score
There looks like there is a ridge between your nail plate and the actual tip hun? Can you get pics from other angles at all x

There looks like there is a ridge between your nail plate and the actual tip hun? Can you get pics from other angles at all x

Thanks for commenting - will get more pics up soon as camera is back with me. Cheers. Yeah, there are LOADSA :eek:things wrong with it, as its my first attempt at manicure, white tips then UV gel. Starting college this September so will learn to correct mistakes there (hopefully). :green:

It's been a very long time since I did some enhancements so I'm not an expert.
But judging from a consumer view, maybe the White tip is a little too far down the nail plate?
It makes the platelookquite short.

Just an opinion though!

Kim xx

Please don't take this the wrong way but my best advice to you is to not do any more until you have begun your course - mistakes are easily made but they are also ways of creating problems for yourself when you begin to train because you will "learn" the wrong way now and find it harder to rectify later hun :D

Best thing to do for now is to read, read and read some more - get some books in your collection ( Complete nail technician, Marian Newman, Product chemistry by Doug School ad of course Nail Class by our very own Gigi Rouse )

Good luck wit your course xxxx

Please don't take this the wrong way but my best advice to you is to not do any more until you have begun your course - mistakes are easily made but they are also ways of creating problems for yourself when you begin to train because you will "learn" the wrong way now and find it harder to rectify later hun :D

Best thing to do for now is to read, read and read some more - get some books in your collection ( Complete nail technician, Marian Newman, Product chemistry by Doug School ad of course Nail Class by our very own Gigi Rouse )

Good luck wit your course xxxx

THANKS AND I WILL....:green: the book by Marian Newman, phew, have you seen how much they go for?? Saving my pennies to get it now!!!!!:lol:

It is worth every single penny you will spend hun beleive me - a totally invaluable piece of your learning and more than likely on your college reading list too :D

I did have a spare copy here but it is an older edition so not really up to date for your course xx

THANKS AND I WILL....:green: the book by Marian Newman, phew, have you seen how much they go for?? Saving my pennies to get it now!!!!!:lol:

I've treated myself to Marian Newmans latest book, I had it on pre-order and you will not be disappointed. Gigi Rouses's Nail Class is another. Aside from that the advice to not practice until you start your course is exellent, its much harder to 'un learn' a bad habit than to learn correctly to start with :hug:

I've treated myself to Marian Newmans latest book, I had it on pre-order and you will not be disappointed. Gigi Rouses's Nail Class is another. Aside from that the advice to not practice until you start your course is exellent, its much harder to 'un learn' a bad habit than to learn correctly to start with :hug:

I am saving up for the Marian Newmans book and will definitely get it, thanks everyone for your advice, SO VERY much appreciated!!!!:hug: It costs nearly £30 atm, so I've nearly got enough....few more weeks!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back