My First Nail Art Party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi Guys, i got a phone call last night for my first Nail Art Party, although i have done some school fetes i havent done a party (im guessing its the same sort of thing) - there will be 9 children all around the age of 12-13, the school fetes i did the children were younger than this also, so after confidently agreeing it, panic hit me last night 'oh my god what am i going to design' ive already got the basic flowers etc but just wondered if anyone else has done a party for the same age group that can guide me onto what they like, and any hints and tips on how to make it a organised successful evening lol! - the parent has also asked for a mini manicure but advised me some have badly bitten nails - can anyone help x x

Just keep it simple, flowers, a bit of glitter and maybe transfers.
As for the manicure, don`t do any cuticle work, just give them a bit of pampering. If you want some help I don`t mind helping you through your first one but I`m sure you`ll be fine

Thanks Debs, ill keep you posted as may just take you up on that thanks x x x

What a great idea. I am doing the VCTC Nail Art Course at the moment and this sounds like something I would like to try. Is this for a birthday treat? Do you do one child and the others follow?? I would love to knowmore! :D

Hi Ya, yeah it is a girls birthday of 12 years old and she wants a nail art party, i will be offering about 5-9 different designs hopefully! and the birthday girl will choose first but im guessing they will all want similar designs x

Hello

I'm doing my first nail art party tonight, for 5 girls there having what they call a sleep over party. I've decided that i'm offering such designs as hearts, flowers, rhinestones and anything glittery. They requested every with bling! bling!

Going off the subject abit, I've also decided to venture into airbrushing, never done this before so just practicing at the moment. Instead of using a compressor, I've decided to use a Co2 canister instead, anyone else been using this method, just trying it out at the minute.

Well this is my first time on this site, hope i'm doing it right so far.

Dawn

Hi, how do u work out a price for kids nail art partys? I would like to offer these but don't know how to go about it, do u charge per child and how long would u spend on each child, and how far do u go with a manicure? Angie xx

Kellyc said:
Hi Guys, i got a phone call last night for my first Nail Art Party, although i have done some school fetes i havent done a party (im guessing its the same sort of thing) - there will be 9 children all around the age of 12-13, the school fetes i did the children were younger than this also, so after confidently agreeing it, panic hit me last night 'oh my god what am i going to design' ive already got the basic flowers etc but just wondered if anyone else has done a party for the same age group that can guide me onto what they like, and any hints and tips on how to make it a organised successful evening lol! - the parent has also asked for a mini manicure but advised me some have badly bitten nails - can anyone help x x
Hi,I haven`t done a kids party but I used to go to my sons school every term and if they hadn`t bitten there nails they could have them painted,(even the boys wanted them done with daggers and pokemon),but a lot of the girls all tended to want the same.As long as they got a "diamond" they were quite happy.I found there initials either done with foil or glitter paint went down well.Hope you have a great time and let us know how it goes,Daryl.

what do you all do with the others that are waiting to have their nails done? I know ive asked this before but still not looking forward to doing one! I would rather be an addition to a party than the sole entertainer! what 6 year olds would be happy doing wouldnt keep 13 yr old amused would it? Can visualise bored children ....HELP! lol x

:wink2: You could give them all a face mask (suitable for delicate skin)that way you get a bit of peace as well! or you could take some pens and ask them to design a nail the best one getting a small prize eg sparkly top coat.Daryl

Hi there i did cow patterns and dog prints as well as tiger stripes a, flowers and bling, i give them a mini manicure and make up party bags to encourage this and they sit and design nails while im doing theirs. hope this helps

wow ive never heard of these before thank god for this site, it sounds like a really good idea so you just do a basic manicure and then nail art over their own nail, how much do you usually charge then?
zoe

Latest posts

Back