My first Shellac clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louie6

Reaction score
Yesterday I had my first ever paying shellac clients yay:biggrin:
First client was brilliant,she was the perfect client actually,her nails were in excellent condition,she obviously looks after them on a daily basis,she picked her colour with no fussing or faffing,masquerade,hardly any pep work to do,and just a really easy going lovely lady and the bonus she was a 45min appointment.

Now my second client:Scared: Nightmare from beginning to end:mad: When she arrived she was quite rude,and abrupt,which I didn't mind,I know some people just aren't the open type,so the next thing,I filled out the client record card,and talk about being less than forthcoming with the information I needed,it was like pulling teeth:Scared: Then of course I checked her nails,and OMG,they were in such a horrendous state,I could have cried,really I could have.Her eponichiums were badly overgrown,one was half way up the nail bed,I asked if she ever pushed them back,and she said ''no why should I,that's what I pay you for'':rolleyes: So I got out my cuticle away,and she stead fastly refused me to put it on,I tried explaining to her why I needed to use it,but no,she would not have it,so dry pep,which as you can imagine was an utter nightmare,and as her eponichium's were so thick as well,I found that as I was pushing back I had no choice but to use my nippers:evil: Not happy,the cuticle on the nail plates was awful,all over the nail,then to top it off I put my layer of base coat,and cured for 10 seconds and as I'm base coating her other hand,what does she go and do? But starts trying to wipe the base coat off on my table towel:evil: I asked what she was doing,''it's sticky'' which I'd already explaned that it would be,ummphh,so then I have to re-do the base coat,but with a smile pasted to my face I told her no problem,so then the colour coat goes on,and she's huffing and puffing and saying that doing all this is a pain,and the lamp is irritating her,wtf,so we get to the top coat and she asks for two coats,because she doesn't believe it will last,smile still plastered to my face,I say no problem,as I'm the d-sperse,she complains of the smell:!: Then says if she's realised she would be this long having her nails done,she wouldn'd have bothered.At the end of the day,the shellac application took me 40 minutes only because she wanted an extra top coat and I needed to do the extra base coat,but sorting out her pep took me 35 mins,their condition was that bad:Scared: I explained the situation and told her that if she uses solar oil 3 times a day,by the next appointment she will see a vast improvement in her nails and her appointment time will hopefully be shorter,I gave her an after care sheet,which she did glance at,and she did purchase a solar oil,but god knows what state she will return in,she did thank me,and she said she was pleased with the outcome,but for goodness sakes,as I shut the door I sighed with relief lol She hasn't upset me at all,I'm more than used to this type of person,but I'm slightly concerned as to what to expect next time around with her nail condition,do any of you girls have this type of client,or are they all well trained now lol ?

Oh my! You're a real trooper. Clients like this can sometimes be more trouble than their worth.

I think rather than give her an aftercare sheet, I would have given her the business card of another nail professional.

Wow hunny you have some patience, think i would have said if you won't let me do my job properly then you will have to go elsewhere.
Good for you, hopefully shes very happy and will return without the drama next time :biggrin:

i think rather than give her an aftercare sheet, i would have given her the business card of another nail professional.

lmao! :)

Oh my! You're a real trooper. Clients like this can sometimes be more trouble than their worth.

I think rather than give her an aftercare sheet, I would have given her the business card of another nail professional.

LMFAO,ROFL:biggrin: Thanks guys, I did wonder if I could bite my tongue but I managed to get my head down and keep calm and cool and stay collected,I'm so used to this type of attitude from people in my normal 8-5 job that she didn't really faze me, it was just the relief when she did leave,OMG what if she's so happy with my service :wink2: Well my smile will stay pasted and my cool will stay cool,I hope she's bloody looking after them lol Just dreading the state of her nails when she comes back,but maybe I've taught her a lesson girls lol:wink2::biggrin:

All joking aside, you handled the situation like a true professional. She very well may be back because you did put up with her nonsense and still treated her professionally. You just may have earned her respect. Maybe next time she won't be so contrary.

I've had my share of contrary clients that became regulars. I've also had those that never came back. I'm thankful for each of them because I figure they taught me something, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Last edited:
Gr8nailz, thats a fab way of looking at things hun :) And I agree that we to learn off clients and they teach us things even if they don't know it, I know now that I can handle her in the future and be professional about it :) Maybe like you say,she won't be so contrary next time and have a bit more respect towards me :) And just maybe,she will start helping to look after her nails a bit more and appreciate the work that goes into it, I love this place:)

Latest posts

Back