My first 'unknown' client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
I have my first unknown client tomorrow for a spray tan!! I'm so so nervous!

I did my spray tan training in August and have only done a handful of tans since then, as after my first few I felt quite confident.

I was supposed to be doing a run through with my mum some time last week, and then this evening but unfortunately it hasn't happened!

I'm really really panicking about it all now, I trained & practiced with nouvatan but I bought fresh indulgence (which doesn't have much guild colour) I'm feeling really stressed about this now, especially since I haven't managed to do a run through with any one and the last one I did was a good few months ago now!!

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you!!

Hey geekling! Firstly don't panic, by worrying your getting yourself wound up. I use fresh indulgence and I use the light guide colour to my advantage. Firstly you'll get loads of clients sayiing how their 'tan washes off' the next day when they've had a tan by another brand (we all know its the guide colour). Tell your clients that with this tan, the colour they are after development is the colour they will be after washing off. If you are worried you may not have got everywhere, after your first spray ask them to step out the tent so you can have a good look at the tan, then get them to go back in and give a quick going over again. Not only does it guarantee you do get the tan everywhere, you also look very professional and care about your clients getting the best tan. Good luck xx

Thank you for the reply, I get my self so wound up!! I need to chill, it's not till tomorrow night & I'm at work all day tomorrow so at least I won't have too long to think about it I suppose!! My biggest thing is remembering the positions for the client to stand in!!

Thanks for the tip about telling them to stand out of the tent for a check! It's just so nerve wracking! Xxx

Good luck but you will be fine!! I was more nervous doing friends and family first. Just take your time remember your routine and you will be fine. I used to get them to stand outside the tent at the end too and if there are any bits you want to go over just say you are a perfectionist I still go over now so don't feel like you haven't done a good job!

Remember to do the preparation and after care as I tended to forget those bits when I was nervous as I was so concerned about doing the tan itself.

Hope it goes well just relax and you will be fine.

Thanks Hun!! I have a leaflet with pre and aftercare info on to give to the client! I'm so nervous about turning up at someone's house!! Lol!! Didn't sleep last night, 3am I fell asleep! I'm so tiered haha! I hope it all goes ok, like you say I just need to remember my routine!! Xxx

Right a little bullet point list of your procedure and discreetly tape it to the inside of your kit bag, that way if nerves do get the better of you, you can just keep referring to it, you can keep it to the side of the tent, and just knowing you have it there will probably help to ease your nerves. Good luck I'm sure you will be fab! X

Right a little bullet point list of your procedure and discreetly tape it to the inside of your kit bag, that way if nerves do get the better of you, you can just keep referring to it, you can keep it to the side of the tent, and just knowing you have it there will probably help to ease your nerves. Good luck I'm sure you will be fab! X

Great idea!! Thanks for that!! :) just to make things a little worse I have a massive cold today!! Lol! I'm sure I'll feel great once it's finished! Just going to be hard getting to the front door! Xxx

Just realised I put right instead of write lol. I would get some day and night nurse tabs, I swear by them they help to combat that horrible stuffiness you get with a cold x

Also if you look on nouvatans facebook page they have a video somewhere of the tanning procedure. Don't worry and don't be nervous - you'll find its actually easier tanning someone you don't know than tanning someone you're friendly with :) xx

How did it go ? :)

Thanks for your replies ladies, I will check out the nouvatan Facebook for that vid.

Well I did the tan tonight, it was awful, I couldn't find the place and it took me an hour!! Luckily I left in plenty of time and was only 15 mins late!! The girl was lovely, but my gun was causing a run down her legs so I think I need to take another look at that!! I really hope her tan is ok, do you ladies think it's ok to send her a message on Facebook tomorrow to ask? How do you word this kind of thing? Xxx

Thanks for your replies ladies, I will check out the nouvatan Facebook for that vid.

Well I did the tan tonight, it was awful, I couldn't find the place and it took me an hour!! Luckily I left in plenty of time and was only 15 mins late!! The girl was lovely, but my gun was causing a run down her legs so I think I need to take another look at that!! I really hope her tan is ok, do you ladies think it's ok to send her a message on Facebook tomorrow to ask? How do you word this kind of thing? Xxx

Just to add to this, I was so stressed after trying to find the place I looked like a drowned rat, and pretty much didn't feel very professional!

aww Im sure it wasnt as bad as you thought! If you want i would be happy to be a model for you to practice and give you constructive feedback xx I usually just send a courtesy text saying "hi XXXXX how did the tan turn out"?

awww, sorry it was so stressful! That's the first one over and done with though .. next one will be a LOT easier!

Hi

That first one is so nerve wracking but they will get better. For my first one the mum and sister watched! I was shaking!

I usually send a text to ask if they like the shade, that way you get to know how it turned out without showing you're concerned :)

I'd rather hear any negative feedback and be able to sort it than people moan toll others.

I'm sure it'll be fine :)

charlie

When I first started tanning, I sprayed my legs as I wanted to see the colour on me as I'm very pale. I must have got too close or was spraying too slow that the solution was dripping down my leg. I wiped with kitchen roll and the pattern from the roll was imprinted on my leg lol. I left it to see how it would turn out & after I showered it off you would think nothing ever happened. I was glad this happened on me then if it ever runs on a client then I know it's going to turn out ok. You just have to make sure you are the correct distance away from the client. & not spraying too close. Before you know it you will be doing it without even thinking. It definitely gets easier. Happy tanning:)) xx

aww Im sure it wasnt as bad as you thought! If you want i would be happy to be a model for you to practice and give you constructive feedback xx I usually just send a courtesy text saying "hi XXXXX how did the tan turn out"?

That's such a lovely offer, thank you!! Xxx

Thanks for all your replies ladies!!
Well I didn't have to message her she posted on Facebook this morning saying - If you need a spray tan done in the holidays get clicking on Ohso-beautiful Ashington and get yours booked! Just had mine done tonight and have gone a lovely natural brown! Really good service and dead quick and simple in your own home (she also does nails!!) get yours booked now! X"

Which was a lovely. And a great confidence boost, she seems happy :)

I patted down her legs with my tanning mitt, so hopefully that managed to fix the running!!

Thanks again for your comments & support ladies :) xxx

Latest posts

Back