My first website, what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, just set myself up a website, never done it before so would appreciate any suggestions/criticisms please! Jos Gelish Nails | Wix.com;)

Hi Geeks, just set myself up a website, never done it before so would appreciate any suggestions/criticisms please! Jos Gelish Nails | Wix.com;)

Hi, just had quick look as on my phone but really good, love the colour scheme too, I've just bought towels that colour today for my nails :) x x

Hi, just had quick look as on my phone but really good, love the colour scheme too, I've just bought towels that colour today for my nails :) x x

Thanks, just looked myself and some of the font has moved so I've redone it. Was worried it would look a bit empty as I only do Gelish....Jos Gelish Nails | Wix.com

I think it looks fab and really professional.

It looks good so far, in time you could maybe add some pics of your work and the colours you have, I'm looking at it from my iPhone at the moment and I would just say I can't read the writing on your homepage because of the dark writing against the background.

Hi I like the website.
One thing I really notice is the black main text it's difficult to read on the darker purple background - can you lighten the purple? Or change the main text colours to white?

Also, this is just my opinion---- the photograph of the toes with the purple polish on, the feet are not the most attractive, do you have another picture you can use? This is your showcase it's the first thing people see.

I'm only being honest, but you want the best pictures you can find, and even though the nails may be great (I'm not a nail expert) the unattractive feet make me feel a bit funny!
I'm so sorry, hope that doesn't offend but some people (me) are a bit squeamish about feet!

Oh I see you have added some pics now, I think ill look at it on the pc when I can get to it to be able to see it properly, my husband is a website designer so I could pick his brain for you :)

Hi I like the website.
One thing I really notice is the black main text it's difficult to read on the darker purple background - can you lighten the purple? Or change the main text colours to white?

Also, this is just my opinion---- the photograph of the toes with the purple polish on, the feet are not the most attractive, do you have another picture you can use? This is your showcase it's the first thing people see.

I'm only being honest, but you want the best pictures you can find, and even though the nails may be great (I'm not a nail expert) the unattractive feet make me feel a bit funny!
I'm so sorry, hope that doesn't offend but some people (me) are a bit squeamish about feet!

I know what you mean about the text colour, I tried to edit it to white but it does it then goes back to black. I made it bigger so it was easier to read but I don't want to change the background colour because I like the whole scheme. I know what you mean about the toes but I haven't done any other Rockstars except on my own feet and they are REALLY UGLY FEET!!

I know what you mean about the text colour, I tried to edit it to white but it does it then goes back to black. I made it bigger so it was easier to read but I don't want to change the background colour because I like the whole scheme. I know what you mean about the toes but I haven't done any other Rockstars except on my own feet and they are REALLY UGLY FEET!!

Thank you for not being offended!

So you don't have to change your colour scheme, can you just swap the purples? Y

ou see you have a lighter purple in the top band - maybe make that colour your background and swap the places of the colours you have now, so the lighter square become the darker colour and vice versa. Then you can keep the black text but the purple is the lighter one that you're already using. Just a suggestion. Strange the text won't stay white though, as you have some further down in white, and it's so much easier to see as you know :)

People take something like 5 seconds to decide if they're going to read your website, and if they can't read the text they won't stay!

Good luck x
I see the pictures are moving now, so it's not the foot one I see first! :)
SORRY again.. :)

The colour blocks r set for that scheme but I will try and change the background of the font tomorrow. It looks ok on my laptop but not so good on iPhone. Thanks for your input!

It looks really good but I have to agree about the black text on the purple background. Other than that though FAB! :D x

I think it looks lovely, other then the black letters on dark purple background that is hurting my eyes i wouldn't change a thing. :)

It doesn't view well on my android. on either the native internet app or Firefox....don't know whether mobile visitors are a concern for you or not but thought I would let you know!

hiya, love the whole look of it,

just a few things though, i had to keep scrolling up and down and across to view everything, maybe you could squash together a bit? also the writing on the about us page goes out of the black so needs moving to the left a bit, just to bulk it out a bit on your prices page maybe explain the treatments a bit? as you add more treatments you wont need that.

my website is with wix so if you need any help on how to do stuff let me know, its taken me a while of playing around and making mistakes!!

xxx

For someone who's never done it before, it is a great job! You must be very proud of yourself, I have seen websites designed by 'designers' which are nowhere near as good as yours. Well done!

lol how weird. I just done one of these yesterday. I was only doing it for something to do, and it turned out to be quite good. So I am going to keep it

Latest posts

Back