My Gastric band.... wanna read a story??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm Gutted, Ive had such a terrible day!

I went for my gastric band fill today, my second one. I was given the option to go to Harley Street in London rather than trek to Birmingham again.
The lady was nice and apparently did my sisters band fill only last week, so I was confident.

I left my home at 11am and hit traffic, (A1 southbound was at a standstill due to a crash) I rang them and told them I may be late even though I had half an hourish to play with cos it usually takes only 2 hours to get to London from mine. Its 110 mile journey each way.
Anyway, I arrived at 2:15! And I got seen immediately.
I went in and she told me to lie on the bed, and lift my top up so she could access my titanium 'port'
She couldnt find it!!! :rolleyes:

She kept pressing on my chest bone really hard, then 'jabbing' me with this big surgical needle and it was like she was doing a big 360 degrees with it, trying to hit even the edge of the metal port in me so she could see where it was.
Then she had me stand up, I nearly fainted as she came at me with this giant needle again! (I'm not good with needles since I fainted at hospital when they took my blood sample!)
On my last band fill they did it all under xray, and was virtually pain free.I didnt even see the needle!

Well this was at the other end of the spectrum. It was a continous rythm of press, jab, turn.... press, jab, turn... !!! :eek:
I was in agony and was so embarrassed that I was starting to cry too. :cry:
I forced back the tears and held a brave face, but I couldnt talk properly and she could see I was upset I think.

After what seemed like forever, I counted 8 jabs with this needle, then she decided to give up! And said that I would have to re-book at Birmingham where they could do it under xray.

I was so upset, and my breast bone ached like hell!!
I sobbed violently for 25 minutes on the phone to BF when I got back to my car as I re-lived the sheer trauma I went through.
It wasnt her fault, but I just felt what a waste, of time, fuel, money, trip, pain for nothing.
But where has my port gone???

Now, I have to ring them up on monday and re-book to have it done under xray.
Thing is, I'm scared now it may happen again, I dont wanna go!
I am still in pain every time I move!!

Then on the trip home, the A1 was closed and ended up being dirverted through a village and nearly got lost!!!
Sorry this has been long, I just needed to let it out. xx

(copied this into lancslasses original thread too so it follows my story)

[edit] UPDATE ADDED>> xxx

Oh Tsia,

I just wanna give you a big hug hun!:hug: :hug: :hug:

How awful for you. And you went on your own! Very brave. I dont have any experience of the gastric band, but I'm sure what you went through was not nice.

I would mention this when you call B'ham. Even ask for them to compensate you for the petrol! Its not your fault the nurse could not perform it correctly.

I hope you feel better soon hun.

Just PM if you wanna chat xxx

Jesus Christ babes

That is just bloody awful and you should'nt have to go through such torture.

i can feel how upset you are through your post and wish i could of been there for you.

your a brave girl going on your own but try and get some one to go wioth you next time

thinking about ya hun
l:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tsia said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm Gutted, Ive had such a terrible day!

I went for my gastric band fill today, my second one. I was given the option to go to Harley Street in London rather than trek to Birmingham again.
The lady was nice and apparently did my sisters band fill only last week, so I was confident.

I left my home at 11am and hit traffic, (A1 southbound was at a standstill due to a crash) I rang them and told them I may be late even though I had half an hourish to play with cos it usually takes only 2 hours to get to London from mine. Its 110 mile journey each way.
Anyway, I arrived at 2:15! And I got seen immediately.
I went in and she told me to lie on the bed, and lift my top up so she could access my titanium 'port'
She couldnt find it!!! :rolleyes:

She kept pressing on my chest bone really hard, then 'jabbing' me with this big surgical needle and it was like she was doing a big 360 degrees with it, trying to hit even the edge of the metal port in me so she could see where it was.
Then she had me stand up, I nearly fainted as she came at me with this giant needle again! (I'm not good with needles since I fainted at hospital when they took my blood sample!)
On my last band fill they did it all under xray, and was virtually pain free.I didnt even see the needle!

Well this was at the other end of the spectrum. It was a continous rythm of press, jab, turn.... press, jab, turn... !!! :eek:
I was in agony and was so embarrassed that I was starting to cry too. :cry:
I forced back the tears and held a brave face, but I couldnt talk properly and she could see I was upset I think.

After what seemed like forever, I counted 8 jabs with this needle, then she decided to give up! And said that I would have to re-book at Birmingham where they could do it under xray.

I was so upset, and my breast bone ached like hell!!
I sobbed violently for 25 minutes on the phone to BF when I got back to my car as I re-lived the sheer trauma I went through.
It wasnt her fault, but I just felt what a waste, of time, fuel, money, trip, pain for nothing.
But where has my port gone???

Now, I have to ring them up on monday and re-book to have it done under xray.
Thing is, I'm scared now it may happen again, I dont wanna go!
I am still in pain every time I move!!

Then on the trip home, the A1 was closed and ended up being dirverted through a village and nearly got lost!!!
Sorry this has been long, I just needed to let it out. xx

(copied this into lancslasses original thread too so it follows my story)

god that sounds horrendus , i think i would have passed out :eek: well done for being brave hun!! i think i would have told her to bog off !! xx

hi tsia ive been banded to i go to droitwich spa for my fills if you make a friday appointment they do under xray any other day they do it blind folded like that nurse i was giong to try harley street for a change but i dont think i will bother now hope your ok now

oh dear how horrible... don't worry.. it's all over and done with and tomorrow is a new day etc... u wont have to go back there again and don't worry about your 'port' - they will find it for you and sort you out.

put this behind you, best thing you can do :hug:

Thankyou for all your replies of support geeks... I was really upset yesterday.

Thats a good idea, I may just see what they say if I ask for re-imbursement!

Yes, I will NEVER go to 'blind folded nurse' appointment again.
So wheres that Driotwhich spa place? (sp) That may be nearer for me if its near MKeynes. Chances are that The Hospital Group dont contract them to do it knowing my luck!!:mad:

Thanks again guys, I feel much better today but still sore! :rolleyes:

Sending you big hugs & hope all goes well next time hun!! Sounded like you were very brave!! I'd of stopped her long before the 8th jab, TRUST ME!!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Poor you. Sounds like you really went through it.
Try not to worry too much, I'm sure they'll sort you out and find your port.

Poor you Tsia, that sounds an awful experience - am sure it'll be much better under xray. things have been so disappointing for you so far but don't give up - as the song goes 'things can only get better'!!

OMG!! Awwwwww, hunny...I can only imagine what you were feeling! It must have been horrid! Shoulda slapped the nurse and jabbed her!! :irked:
Hugs to you babe!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would ask for my money back then make a phone call to bupa southampton and ask if Michael Van Dan Bossche will do it. He is the leading WLS Surgeon and can fill in one go with a local too so you dont feel a thing !

If you wont the number pm me and il give you the number.

I know how you feel hun, sometimes its just not fare :hug:

I dont mean to worry you but the port can be punchured (sp) like the way she has done it. I hope they are willing to pay if that happens.

vicky said:
I would ask for my money back then make a phone call to bupa southampton and ask if Michael Van Dan Bossche will do it. He is the leading WLS Surgeon and can fill in one go with a local too so you dont feel a thing !

If you wont the number pm me and il give you the number.

I know how you feel hun, sometimes its just not fare :hug:

I dont mean to worry you but the port can be punchured (sp) like the way she has done it. I hope they are willing to pay if that happens.

:eek: :eek: :eek: she better not have blimmin' punctured it!!
Ask for what money back, the whole 8 grand? the adjustments are included in my price... I have 4 free ones to take with The Hospital Group. I 've taken one.
My sister has used this woman and she says she was fine. .Her op was with Transform. They both use a 3rd party sometimes to do the band adjustments cos of the sheer demand. My sisters port in in her side though. Mines inbetween my boobs, just under bra line ish. She had her op 2 months after me, yet she has been filled twice already!!! I'm dead jealous. Seems it never happens to me and I just see and hear of people losing weight around me when it should be me! :cry:

Southampton is a bit too far for me. To be honest, I think I will only have this fill and thats it anyway. They told me it only holds 4mls and I had had 2.5mls in already in my first band adjustment.

Will let you all know how I get on after this wednesday (9/08) Lets hope its like the first one I had and dont feel a thing. :) :rolleyes:

Tsia said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: she better not have blimmin' punctured it!!
Ask for what money back, the whole 8 grand? the adjustments are included in my price... I have 4 free ones to take with The Hospital Group. I 've taken one.
My sister has used this woman and she says she was fine. .Her op was with Transform. They both use a 3rd party sometimes to do the band adjustments cos of the sheer demand. My sisters port in in her side though. Mines inbetween my boobs, just under bra line ish. She had her op 2 months after me, yet she has been filled twice already!!! I'm dead jealous. Seems it never happens to me and I just see and hear of people losing weight around me when it should be me! :cry:

Southampton is a bit too far for me. To be honest, I think I will only have this fill and thats it anyway. They told me it only holds 4mls and I had had 2.5mls in already in my first band adjustment.

Will let you all know how I get on after this wednesday (9/08) Lets hope its like the first one I had and dont feel a thing. :) :rolleyes:

I know how your feeling, the weight isnt dropping off me either and with all my complications its been a ightmare from start too finish. Iv never heard of the port hole being there? mines to my left side 4 inches under my boob. You really need to pust them, you have paid so your intitled to your fills when you need them. I have heard alot about the people that did the op and the after care isnt that good but its done now and you need to pust them.

vicky said:
I know how your feeling, the weight isnt dropping off me either and with all my complications its been a ightmare from start too finish. Iv never heard of the port hole being there? mines to my left side 4 inches under my boob. You really need to pust them, you have paid so your intitled to your fills when you need them. I have heard alot about the people that did the op and the after care isnt that good but its done now and you need to pust them.
They have been really great up til going to that awful woman and going through that awful experience.

I have started my strongly worder letter anyway. :hug:

Hun, I can't believe it. You poor thing, what a nightmare. Wish I could give you a real:hug:....although it would probably have hurt anyway by the sounds of things.
I am sure when you go again it won't happen like this again.
:hug::hug:
xxxxxxxxx

well 2 months on.... and the story continues... still only 1-2lbs a week but my dad complimented me for the first time ever i can remember this weekend.. he said I looked 'SLIM' in the dress I was wearing.
Being 16 stone, SLIM isnt a word that I hear often in a sentance about me!! So I was chuffed...
Usually, he says on parting words, keep on the diet or something that makes me feel like its obvious I need one. Well at 16 stone of course is it, but he was never sensitive with his words.
Anyway, makes me wanna take another step class per week!! :green:

Well donexxxxxxx:hug:

well 2 months on.... and the story continues... still only 1-2lbs a week but my dad complimented me for the first time ever i can remember this weekend.. he said I looked 'SLIM' in the dress I was wearing.
Being 16 stone, SLIM isnt a word that I hear often in a sentance about me!! So I was chuffed...
Usually, he says on parting words, keep on the diet or something that makes me feel like its obvious I need one. Well at 16 stone of course is it, but he was never sensitive with his words.
Anyway, makes me wanna take another step class per week!! :green:

You're 16 stone now? What were you when you had the band put in?

You're 16 stone now? What were you when you had the band put in?
nearly 18 and a half stone! I know... shamefull! I was having an affair with food! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back