My Gastric band.... wanna read a story??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nearly 18 and a half stone! I know... shamefull! :eek:

It's not shameful - just think how proud you're going to be when you reach your target weight... you'll have a whole new lease of life babe!!!

Well done! You've gone about it the right way... you're losing weight slowly but surely which means it's more likely to stay off? Right?

It's not shameful - just think how proud you're going to be when you reach your target weight... you'll have a whole new lease of life babe!!!

Well done! You've gone about it the right way... you're losing weight slowly but surely which means it's more likely to stay off? Right?

of course , yeah totally..

Just want to see results quicker really! but I know slow is the way to go!!

My mum keep saying "1lb a week is 52lbs in the year" so when I look at it like that, I suppose its good. :green:

Sounds like you're doing really well and you should be very proud of all you have achieved so far!

YOU GO GIRL!:hug:

Teri x

of course , yeah totally..

Just want to see results quicker really! but I know slow is the way to go!!

My mum keep saying "1lb a week is 52lbs in the year" so when I look at it like that, I suppose its good. :green:

So you'll be even slimmer for Christmas!!! And next summer you'll need a whole new wardrobe... !!!

So you'll be even slimmer for Christmas!!! And next summer you'll need a whole new wardrobe... !!!

Hopefully... yarr cannot wait actually!!!! hehe :green: :green: :green:

I think you should be really really proud of yourself.It takes guts to have something like a band.Well done you :hug: :hug:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm Gutted, Ive had such a terrible day!

I went for my gastric band fill today, my second one. I was given the option to go to Harley Street in London rather than trek to Birmingham again.
The lady was nice and apparently did my sisters band fill only last week, so I was confident.

I left my home at 11am and hit traffic, (A1 southbound was at a standstill due to a crash) I rang them and told them I may be late even though I had half an hourish to play with cos it usually takes only 2 hours to get to London from mine. Its 110 mile journey each way.
Anyway, I arrived at 2:15! And I got seen immediately.
I went in and she told me to lie on the bed, and lift my top up so she could access my titanium 'port'
She couldnt find it!!! :rolleyes:

She kept pressing on my chest bone really hard, then 'jabbing' me with this big surgical needle and it was like she was doing a big 360 degrees with it, trying to hit even the edge of the metal port in me so she could see where it was.
Then she had me stand up, I nearly fainted as she came at me with this giant needle again! (I'm not good with needles since I fainted at hospital when they took my blood sample!)
On my last band fill they did it all under xray, and was virtually pain free.I didnt even see the needle!

Well this was at the other end of the spectrum. It was a continous rythm of press, jab, turn.... press, jab, turn... !!! :eek:
I was in agony and was so embarrassed that I was starting to cry too. :cry:
I forced back the tears and held a brave face, but I couldnt talk properly and she could see I was upset I think.

After what seemed like forever, I counted 8 jabs with this needle, then she decided to give up! And said that I would have to re-book at Birmingham where they could do it under xray.

I was so upset, and my breast bone ached like hell!!
I sobbed violently for 25 minutes on the phone to BF when I got back to my car as I re-lived the sheer trauma I went through.
It wasnt her fault, but I just felt what a waste, of time, fuel, money, trip, pain for nothing.
But where has my port gone???

Now, I have to ring them up on monday and re-book to have it done under xray.
Thing is, I'm scared now it may happen again, I dont wanna go!
I am still in pain every time I move!!

Then on the trip home, the A1 was closed and ended up being dirverted through a village and nearly got lost!!!
Sorry this has been long, I just needed to let it out. xx

(copied this into lancslasses original thread too so it follows my story)

[edit] UPDATE ADDED>> xxx

I am very sorry to hear you had such a hard time, I will keep you in my prayers......

I wish you lived closer to me I culd give you all my clothes from the last year that I have lost all my weight. I have so many clothes (nice things too) and I can no longer wear them but they're too good to throw away. It would save you so much money while you are loosing.

Every month you go down a size and anything new you buy is too big in just a few weeks so it is not worth the spending.

don't push the river .. a couple of pounds a week is the way to go ... every month is nearly a stone.

wow the weight loss is fantastic, its such a shame you had to go through so much but you seem to be doing so well now, keep up the good work, :hug: :hug:

well done hun, just think by xmas you might be 15 stone or less!!!!!

I wish you lived closer to me I culd give you all my clothes from the last year that I have lost all my weight. I have so many clothes (nice things too) and I can no longer wear them but they're too good to throw away. It would save you so much money while you are loosing.

Every month you go down a size and anything new you buy is too big in just a few weeks so it is not worth the spending.

don't push the river .. a couple of pounds a week is the way to go ... every month is nearly a stone.

Haha, thanks Gigi.
I have lots of clothes in all different sizes as my weight has fluctated up and down since the age of 17!

However, if you have loads of nice things, sell them on ebay Gigi, alot of Bigger Sized Women get stuff there as majority of shops only go to size 18! and you'll make some pocket money! LOL:lol:

thats what I have started doing anyway.. :o

Start putting your biggr sizes on ebay hun. I was paying 35 quid for a pair of jeans in Evans and like geeg said with in weeks your out of them. I had hundreds of pounds worth of Evans clothes and ebayed the lot..!

It gave me money to go in other high street shops and have a ball..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back