My Launch Party Idea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...

Here's my idea...

I have found a local hall that charges £50 as a hiring fee for a few hours.

Guests will have to opportunity to sample taster treatments such as an eyebrow wax, a spray tan for the face, mini mani or pedi.

I will also offer cocktails and nibbles for them to enjoy.

I am thinking of offering a certain percentage off of all bookings made that day. I also plan to hold a raffle with a few free treatments as prizes.

I just thought it would be a great opportunity for people to see exactly what I offer. I will be handing out goody bags which will contain all of my promotional material.

I'm also thinking of asking my hairdresser friend if she would like get involved.

What do you think? I'd really appreciate honest answers & suggestions.

Thanks guys xx

I think it's a great idea! I guess you're going mobile? £50 is not bad for a few hours and I'm sure you will easily get that back.

Great opportunity to get your name out there and show people what you can do!

Good Luck :) xx

Hello Everyone...

Here's my idea...

I have found a local hall that charges £50 as a hiring fee for a few hours.

Guests will have to opportunity to sample taster treatments such as an eyebrow wax, a spray tan for the face, mini mani or pedi.

I will also offer cocktails and nibbles for them to enjoy.

I am thinking of offering a certain percentage off of all bookings made that day. I also plan to hold a raffle with a few free treatments as prizes.

I just thought it would be a great opportunity for people to see exactly what I offer. I will be handing out goody bags which will contain all of my promotional material.

I'm also thinking of asking my hairdresser friend if she would like get involved.

What do you think? I'd really appreciate honest answers & suggestions.

Thanks guys xx

I think it sounds like a great idea and I think you're incredibly brave to put yourself "out there" in that way...I don't think I would have the confidence!!!

The only thing that comes to mind is that there is only one of you and if you get a large number of people to come, you may get a bit stressed getting round to everyody. No matter how "mini" the treatments are, they still need to be done properly and hygiene, health & safety still have to be observed. It may all take a little longer than you anticipate.

I recently did a pamper party for my friends daughter and there were only 7 girls attending. I was doing mini facials and my friend was doing mini manis and pedis and it still took us a good couple of hours to get through everyone.

I wish you all the best and hope it's a huge success! :Love:

PB
x

Fab idea!!!

It's like 'tryvertising'. (yes it is a real thing- I didn't just make it up lol)

Using the concept of trying services and products as an advertising method!

Hope it goes well!!!

Thanks guys! Glad you like my idea!

I agree that it will be quite difficult to carry out a vast amount of mini treatments.

My mum works alongside me and she is a fully trained & insured spray tan therapist. She will be in hand to explain and demonstrate spray tanning, so I won't need to deal with that.

I'm my beauty couch along, so that potential clients can see the lay out for treatments such as waxing, party lashes & tinting.

I will also take my mani & pedi equipment along so that they can see the set up for that too.

I will only offer brief treatments such as brow waxing, brow tinting & shape and paints.

I will offer 5 full treatments free off charge as raffle prizes and offer a 25% discount for all treatments that total £20 or more booked that evening.

As I will be quite busy, I'm aware that I may not have time to answer everyones questions. I'm considering roping in a few friends and briefing them with pricing & treatment info. They can then be on hand to answer any basic questions.

I now have a lady who is interested in setting up a cupcake stall and I am speaking to a lady regarding massage tomorrow! :) xx

Sounds like a great idea! this is somthoing that I would love to do!

Just some other ideas that you could do;

* Raffle - and give money to a local charity
* Demonstration of a treatment - Maybe you could have a hunky male getting a spray tan!
* Beauty Quiz
* Maybe you could have a "book treatment table & get 10% off" maybe you could get a friend to sit in and take bookings, for those who book could receive 10% off?
* Your work gallery - maybe you could have some photos up of your work on a wall for people to look at
* Goody bag - maybe you could give each person a litle bag with your business card in, and see if you can get hold of any free samples
* Product table - if you have any retail products maybe you could sell these on the night?!

Hope that helps :) xx

Really good idea. Good for you for putting yourself out there. I think we can all agree some of us moan about not been busy enough or people not knowing about us but how many of us actually get out there and do something!
Good luck, hope it brings you lots of new business x

Thank you all so much for your positive feed back and ideas!!

I have had another idea today... I'm thinking of having a cocktail bar, with beauty themed cocktails! They would infact be normal cocktails with beauty related names. just thought it could be a talking point! xx

Really good idea. Good for you for putting yourself out there. I think we can all agree some of us moan about not been busy enough or people not knowing about us but how many of us actually get out there and do something!
Good luck, hope it brings you lots of new business x

Yes, there are many people that arent pro-active with their advertising, and simply 'open their doors' and expect floods of clients.
But this is deffinately a positive way and you should commend yourself for the fab idea

I have had another idea today... I'm thinking of having a cocktail bar, with beauty themed cocktails! They would infact be normal cocktails with beauty related names. just thought it could be a talking point! xx

sounds amazing!! i wish i could come! Lol! let u snow how it goes!! :) xx

sounds like a fab idea, keep us posted!
love the cupcake idea too, very sex in the city ;)

Good idea!

I've got an open day thingy coming up in September & I'm billing mine as a cocktail party with a difference.

Some of my products are cocktail themed & I'd thought about making some cocktail flavoured cupcakes too :)

I'm so excited about this!! :) Thank you all so much for your tips, suggestion & feed back!! :)

I'm hoping to be able to make it a really nice event, whilst keeping the costs down where possible.

Blue Rose - that's a fab idea!!
Good Luck!!

Xxx

Thanks guys! Glad you like my idea!

I agree that it will be quite difficult to carry out a vast amount of mini treatments.

My mum works alongside me and she is a fully trained & insured spray tan therapist. She will be in hand to explain and demonstrate spray tanning, so I won't need to deal with that.

I'm my beauty couch along, so that potential clients can see the lay out for treatments such as waxing, party lashes & tinting.

I will also take my mani & pedi equipment along so that they can see the set up for that too.

I will only offer brief treatments such as brow waxing, brow tinting & shape and paints.

I will offer 5 full treatments free off charge as raffle prizes and offer a 25% discount for all treatments that total £20 or more booked that evening.

As I will be quite busy, I'm aware that I may not have time to answer everyones questions. I'm considering roping in a few friends and briefing them with pricing & treatment info. They can then be on hand to answer any basic questions.

I now have a lady who is interested in setting up a cupcake stall and I am speaking to a lady regarding massage tomorrow! :) xx

its a fab idea, but you shouldnt offer a brow tint, without a patch test 24hrs before the treatment?

maybe to avoid voiding insurance, you could do eyebrow shape, reccomend tinting, patch test and give them a 20% off voucher if they book a treatment on the night within a 2-4 week period?

maybe to avoid voiding insurance, you could do eyebrow shape, reccomend tinting, patch test and give them a 20% off voucher if they book a treatment on the night within a 2-4 week period?

Good Idea
Thank You! xXx

You are welcome. We had to do a presentation on our level 3 for buisness & promotion about organising these types of events.
Im not sure but i think you may have to have an entertainments licence if you have drinks and nibbles? Essex has to have an Essex act licence, and remember you need to use music that doesnt require a music licence too!!

You are welcome. We had to do a presentation on our level 3 for buisness & promotion about organising these types of events.
Im not sure but i think you may have to have an entertainments licence if you have drinks and nibbles? Essex has to have an Essex act licence, and remember you need to use music that doesnt require a music licence too!!

Hello...
I have checked with the venue that I have in mind and they informed me that they have the relevant licensing in place for this type of event. I really do appreciate your help! :) thank you xxxx

Latest posts

Back