My manicures don't look amazing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
I just feel like they don't really look anything special, maybe I am expecting to make clients nails look stunning and dramatically change them?!?! Anyone else think this?

But the big question is, are your clients happy with them,
i used to think this when i did a manicure so at the end i would say to them,
there you go all done, do you like them (with a big smile on my face)
99% would say oh yes, i can never paint my own nails that neat and tidy, or they would say my nails have never looked that good,
there is always the 1% that will just nod or say yes and leave it at that,

we don't think it is anything special because it is so easy to do compared to a set of enhancements but most people find it really hard to paint their own nails neatly hth :hug:

I used to have this same problem when I was starting out.

I'd put my heart and soul into a mani / pedi and then look at the end result and think "but they don't look amazing".

What you need to remember is this. You can't "change" the appearance of natural nails, you can only improve them.

What I mean by this is if you have a nailbiter for instance and you did a mani on them. You can remove cuticle, tidy any rough edges or skin, buff them and even put some nail enamel on. You can really tidy them up and make them look better, but they will still be short and bitten if that makes sense.

Now if you were to apply nail enhancements on, the end result would look totally different and the hands will be transformed because you've added length etc.

I think that's were we get "stuck" sometimes because we compare the end result of a mani to the end result of nail enhancements and the two don't compare unless the client already has stunning natural nails.

But you will find that your clients love the result and it's also more about the pampering experience. I'm sure your clients are happy with what you do.

M.

My clients always say : God they look so much better, nailbiters are esp pleased as I put them on a manicure programme with regular manicures and their nails improv 100% within 3-4 weeks, with the promise that they will be ble to have a nno after a few weeks.

They always say how pleased they are with the painting of the nails and say they could never make them look that good.

I always ask them if they are happy and I always tell then how lovely their hands look.

maybe I am expecting to make clients nails look stunning and dramatically change them?!?!
If you don't start off with a silk purse how can you think you can end up with a Vogue front cover???

You can only work with what your clients have in the first place unless you're doing enhancements and custom blending them.
We aren't miracle workers chica, although our clients worship the 'water' we walk on :wink2: xxx

same here.. i used to have this problem when i started out with clients & they have remained loyal ...i would put my best efforts into a manicure & pedicure with money well spent investing in nice products then afterwards look at the end result and think they don't look that amazing.

i agree you can't change the appearance of natural nails, you can only improve them and 9 times out of 10 the client is always happy.

if you have a nailbiter for example and you did a basic or luxury manicure on them. removing cuticle and tidying the rough edges or skin, buffing them ,exfoliating and a soothing massage then putting nail enamel on you can really tidy them up and make them look better, but they will still be short and bitten but they are still looking short and bitten.a friend of mine who is also one of my regs is a nail bitter and she had a problem with thick eponychiums ,just by giving her luxury manicures with plenty of solar oil soon did the trick & she was happy.

because i'm re-training in nail enchancements i'm going on personal experiance as i have nail enhancements is where we compare the difference... applying a set of nail enhancements to short looking a bit worse for wear nails would look totally different & the hands are transformed because length has been added.. like my nail biter friend who went to a nail tech once her nails were much better & got a set of nail enhancements which she really likes .

i agree it is more about the pampering experience that clients enjoy & the fact that they are happy getting the treatments to improve their hands whether it is a luxury manicure or a wonderful set of nail enhancements your clients are just really happy with what you do...keep up the good work like valencia says we are worshipped for our skills.

If someone has REGULAR manis you will see an big improvement over time but it may not always happen straight away.
Make sure you retail cuticle oil and maybe give them a little pot of solar balm to try out and use at home for in between times?

Latest posts

Back