My Minx "slid off" (first time in 2 years)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
I did a Minx client this morning to prepare for her wedding on Saturday. I used the wedding lace style, after using the first half of the sheet a few months ago on a different bride.

They went on fine, no problems. Same technique I've been using on everyone else, and most of my clients get a good 6-8 weeks out of their Minx.

The client calls me tonight and leaves a message - after spending the afternoon in Ugg boots, the Minx have slid off! She said they were all wrinkled, and that in trying to flatten them back down she's managed to pull 5 of them off.

She's the cousin of a good friend, and I certainly want her to be happy with her service (plus, she's extremely stressed about this wedding and I don't want to add to that). I will redo them if she asks, but how can this be prevented? I've never had a Minx budge!!

Do you think it was the boots? The combination of heat and friction? (I've never worn them, although I've worn other boots and covered toe shoes and not had any rubbing off). Is it because they were so recently applied? Lack of tights? It's my best guess, but do I need to warn clients away from certain footwear (especially now as the weather is changing and they are less likely to be wearing flip flops)?

Advice? Similar experiences?

This happened to me when I had just applied a new set on my toes as after 5 minutes on them being on I put on my uggs without socks.
I know that what caused mine, it was the heat and friction as uggs do not have much room by the toes. Also your feet do get very hot in them.
Luckily I only ruined 3 so was a quick repair job.

oh my lord! I have had this happen too to an ugg wearing client and i couldnt figure it out at all. crikey, it didnt even cross my mind as it could be them as i have minxed people who have then put shoes/trainers or boots on with no worries......

I have a pair of the 'cardy' Ugg boots and yes, they do get really hot and there is alot of friction caused by wearing the 'cardy' style boots, i lost one of my toe nails last year wearing them! :eek: I dont wear them anymore.

This has happened to me only ever once as well. When a client came to get her Minx done she was wearing Ugg boots. I done the application and they were fine, she called me later that afternoon to say that 2 were off. I asked her to come back and right enough, they were clean off, no signs of being pulled off at all.

I racked my brains and the only thing that I could come up with was her Ugg boots, I gave her a pair of flip flops to wear home and they were fine. It's funny though, the next day she wore them again with no socks and they were fine, it has left me thinking that perhaps straight after application Ugg boots are not the best thing to wear. Perhaps it's something to do with the wool inside the boots or the heat that reactivates the adhesive straight after? It's a mystery, I have done my own and the next day worn my Ugg boots with no problem.

This client is the only one that had any kind of problem with her Minx toes and I have been doing Minx since it was launched. :)

From personal experience i applied mine and had flip flops on all day to show them off,my little piggies were freezing :green: since i wear my ugg's allmost daily and have no probs,i would make an educated guess that mine have been fine as they had time to adhere fully :idea:

Minx is a shrink wrap. After applying the minx with heat the shrinking process happens when the minx cools down right. So if your client has ugh boots then you coulees take a hair dryer on a cold setting and help adhere and set the minx faster????

Latest posts

Back