My new website-would love your comments-good or bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouPink

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have just started out in nails after a long break and have not long finished my website.

I would love your comments, good and bad and would welcome any ways to improve/things I have done wrong, etc.

Many Thanks

Louise

Louise Pink Nail Technician York | Wix.com

You don't state what gel polish you use I would put it as it would put me off I'd want to know what products you use.

About you section I'm not sure if your personal situation is relevant or interesting to a potential client.

Sorry if that's harsh but it won't gain you clients if anything it may put me off as I may naturally assume that you work part time may be unreliable with no childcare etc.

I'm not saying this is what I think but from a clients point of view when choosing a new therapist they may think this.

If your running a business then you always keep personal life separator

X.

A lovely website...clean, fresh and professional looking.
Personally, I wouldn't put my personal life info on there.
Also, do put your brands on there as they are a good selling point if it's a known one especially.

Good luck:)

Hi,

I noticed a spelling mistake on your "About Me" page, you need to re-type "imagine"

Also, I agree with the above, as a customer I'd like to know the brand of UV Polish being used.

Hope that helps! Good luck with it :)

X

I agree with the others about personal life not being relevant and also there are a few spelling mistakes. I would also want to know as a potential client, the brands you would be using. Well done for setting it up yourself :)

Thanks for all your replies guys, so helpful.

I wasnt too sure about the personal page either but it was on the nail template I used so I went with it. From all your comments will now remove it. Your comments about childcare, working part time etc are so true when I think about it from a client point of view.

Will also add what gel polish I use. Would you do the same for the manicure and pedicure products or just the gel polish?

Thanks again ladies, your help is so much appreciated.

x

Hi guys,

Have just started out in nails after a long break and have not long finished my website.

I would love your comments, good and bad and would welcome any ways to improve/things I have done wrong, etc.

Many Thanks

Louise

Louise Pink Nail Technician York | Wix.com

The layout is lovely! What I would suggest is removing "In my personal life I have been married to Wayne for nearly 10 years and we have a beautiful little girl, Evie who is nearly 6." in your About Me section, because you need to give more of a professional image. Maybe you could start up a blog, or personal website, where this could be included :)
Overall, I think the layout is lovely and everything is clearly navigated, well done!

xxxx

on the first page this :
A luxury manicure can also be added onto any UV gel polish treatment as an extra. In this instance the UV gel polish is applied first and the luxury manicure carried out afterwards. This is because water from the hand or foot soak will fill the nail plate with moisture and will swell the nail plate. Doing so prior to the UV gel polish application will prevent good adhesion of the gel.

you all so use the word involving to much ,

just dose not read well to me , im not sure why but it seems like an answer on a collage assignment , i know i know my grammar is rubbish lol but im just saying how i see it ,

you definitely need to name names as far as products you are using , people like to know what there getting ,

this is from your treatment page :
Both UV gel polish manicure and pedicure include free removal after 2 weeks (removal should only be carried out by a trained technician as in proper removal can damage your nails).
your mobile ? i would recommend the removal being free at the re application appointment . not just included 2 weeks later in the price of the original treatment.

travailing to someone to remove for free and that is all is going to take from time you could be with a paying client.

you need to list a minimum call out charge . your time is not free and your petrel definitely isn't .

I also understand you want to educate your clients and you want to show them you are educated BUT things like explaining why you will do the gel polish be fore the manicure or why it shuld only be removed by a trained tech should be in an Q&A page , or after care advice . you do not need to explain step by step to your clients .

on your contacts page I see you have given a mobile number it would be worth adding your open hours .. or people WILL call 7am Sunday , or 10pm easter .
you need to add your location , the WWW is a big place and its global :)

with the location i would add your radius as your mobile or people will call from all over .

I think you shuld list your nail qualifications on your about me page ,

the website needs to be like a your CV , each person who looks at it may or may not hire you to do there nails . if you see what I mean .

so

on the first page this :

you all so use the word involving to much ,

just dose not read well to me , im not sure why but it seems like an answer on a collage assignment , i know i know my grammar is rubbish lol but im just saying how i see it ,

you definitely need to name names as far as products you are using , people like to know what there getting ,

this is from your treatment page :
your mobile ? i would recommend the removal being free at the re application appointment . not just included 2 weeks later in the price of the original treatment.

travailing to someone to remove for free and that is all is going to take from time you could be with a paying client.

you need to list a minimum call out charge . your time is not free and your petrel definitely isn't .

I also understand you want to educate your clients and you want to show them you are educated BUT things like explaining why you will do the gel polish be fore the manicure or why it shuld only be removed by a trained tech should be in an Q&A page , or after care advice . you do not need to explain step by step to your clients .

on your contacts page I see you have given a mobile number it would be worth adding your open hours .. or people WILL call 7am Sunday , or 10pm easter .
you need to add your location , the WWW is a big place and its global :)

with the location i would add your radius as your mobile or people will call from all over .

I think you shuld list your nail qualifications on your about me page ,

the website needs to be like a your CV , each person who looks at it may or may not hire you to do there nails . if you see what I mean .

so

Thanks for all your wonderful ideas and suggestions, really helpful. Its so nice to have others see your work and give an honest opinion.

Am going to amend my website before 'official' launch!

If anyone has anymore comments would love to hear them before I start the re-vamp!

Thanks again

Louise x

Hi there just to add I notice on your main page that if you hover underneath the title 'make every treatment unforgettable' another yellow box with this comes up 'I'm a title, im a description, click to edit me' think that must be a mistake that we see that. x

I really like it, i would love to set a website up but just have not got round to it. Is it really hard to set up? How long did it take you yo set the website up, Is it costly? Xx

Lovely website! Chiming in with some suggestions as well, if i may:

Home page:
Perhaps omit the individual notes regarding luxury manicure/pedicures as an extra (seems a bit wordy/repetitive in my humble opinion) and then add one note underneath the 14 day gel description to read something like:

(A luxury manicure/pedicure can be added to any UV gel polish treatment. This will be carried out at the end of the UV gel polish treatment to ensure good gel adhesion and protection from moisture.)

I'd also suggest omitting the following two sentences with respect to manicures and pedicures for the same reasons above: "I offer two types of manicure" and “Again, I offer two types of pedicure"

A little typo/grammar in the 14 day UV gel description:
"Its fantastic 'hard' finish is unlike anything else: it stays shiny for longer and will not stratch off.

About me:
I hope you don't mind me suggesting a re-wording of this section for thought:

"Hi, I'm Louise. I originally trained in nail enhancements, but soon discovered a passion for natural nails.

I offer manicures, pedicures and 14 day lasting UV gel polish in the comfort of your own surroundings. No more driving home with wet nails or sitting around waiting for your nail varnish to dry. I bring everything to you; all you need to supply is water and electricity (subject to treatment).

Why not treat yourself to that bit of pampering you and your nails deserve!
You can view some of my work here (link to gallery page)"

Lovely website! Chiming in with some suggestions as well, if i may:

Home page:
Perhaps omit the individual notes regarding luxury manicure/pedicures as an extra (seems a bit wordy/repetitive in my humble opinion) and then add one note underneath the 14 day gel description to read something like:

(A luxury manicure/pedicure can be added to any UV gel polish treatment. This will be carried out at the end of the UV gel polish treatment to ensure good gel adhesion and protection from moisture.)

I'd also suggest omitting the following two sentences with respect to manicures and pedicures for the same reasons above: "I offer two types of manicure" and “Again, I offer two types of pedicure"

A little typo/grammar in the 14 day UV gel description:
"Its fantastic 'hard' finish is unlike anything else: it stays shiny for longer and will not stratch off.

About me:
I hope you don't mind me suggesting a re-wording of this section for thought:

"Hi, I'm Louise. I originally trained in nail enhancements, but soon discovered a passion for natural nails.

I offer manicures, pedicures and 14 day lasting UV gel polish in the comfort of your own surroundings. No more driving home with wet nails or sitting around waiting for your nail varnish to dry. I bring everything to you; all you need to supply is water and electricity (subject to treatment).

Why not treat yourself to that bit of pampering you and your nails deserve!
You can view some of my work here (link to gallery page)"

Thanks, they are great suggestions.

Louise x

Latest posts

Back