My own family isn't happy for me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy for you and wish you all the best!

At the back of it all, thought, maybe your mum is just worried about it all going wrong for you, with us supposedly being in a recession.....could be a little sour grapes as well though. But boy how satisfying for you when you're flying with your business showing what you can do!!

My own mum has been nothing but supportive but I remember telling my in laws and showing them my new sign on my car and they actually stood and laughed as if I'd told them a joke :rolleyes: What is it with some people?

Anyway :hug: for you and the best wishes in the world xx

Thanks geeks, you all cheered me up :) off to look at paperwork tomorrow :) xx

I started property developing made a profit of three times year salary on first house 15 years ago all I got from my family was you will lose it all no one has two mortgages and so on and so on ! All rubbish never had any support of help from anyone just do it you sound like you've done your research good luck to you if your near Wakefield let me know where xxx

My parents are the same, thought my dream was pointless. Having children young I put it on the back burner and have only just gone to college to do my level 2 hair. I qualified in nails in 09 so have being doing that alongside looking after my children and working etc.

When I told them about me going back to college to do my hair course they laughed, said I wouldn't get anywhere, I'm an idiot for working for peanuts blah blah blah! Didn't care what they said, they have never been supportive and they never will.

I always used to ask my mum if I could do her nails/tan and all I ever got was no you would ruin my nails and make me orange haha. On the other hand my inlaws are amazing and are so so supportive, always have the little ones when I'm at college and working as the OH is always working. Always practice new skills on OH sister, mum and dad. If only my own family were that supportive.

Get your head down and concentrate on yourself, don't worry about what anyone thinks as their opinion does not count. It's your money and business. Prove them wrong. Good luck lovely :) x x

Best of luck!
I need to add that your thread title is wrong by the way, we on here are a family and we are happy for you.

Sometimes parents can be over cautious, take no notice and do what your heart says. You sound as if you have your head screwed on, and as long as you go into this with your eyes open you will do well xoxo

It's sad but a lot of people are like this. It's often those closest to us that are the biggest negative forces in our lives. It's the same when you try to give up smoking or do something postive in your life - all you hear from them is that "you'll never do it". I don't think they mean to harm you but they are just cronic negative people. Pity them.

Your sucess (or threat of future sucess) highlights their faliures.

Thanks for the comments yes you my geeks are my true family :) thanks for all the support xx

Can sort of empathise here:

My (estranged) hubby had a very small shop business when we first met. Years later, we decided to buy another shop that was offered with freehold property (yippee no arsy landlords to deal with lol). His parent's response: "oooh do you think you should, its a lot of money, what about this, that, the other .......... etc". My parent's response: "Fantastic! Can we help in any way?" My parents ended up guaranteeing their own home in order for us to get a commercial mortgage (which is now fully paid up!)

As for your mother's wish for you to have children - they are for life ffs! If a business does fail, wipe down and move on, it may be temporary, but at least you will have tried. You can't do that with children! Only try for another child when YOU and your partner are ready.

Hugs to you, ignore the negativity, and enjoy your new venture - I wish you every success and look forward to the pics :Love:

Latest posts

Back