My review on GHD brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, still got cold button on handle and turbo at the back. Only found the turbo the other day by accident! Do you even use that? It's so damn powerful anyway!

Yeah i use it for curly blows when i just heat the brush up. Not for long though.

Only thing i will say is the back of mine gets cluttered and dirty really fast so I have to clean it more often. I just soak it in warm soapy water (the filter that screws off not the whole hairdryer[emoji23]) and brush it with a toothbrush (obviously a new one specifically for that) and it comes out brand new and then the dryer is like major powerful again!

Haha did you say it had a ferrari motor? So the one you've got has got a Ferrari motor? Or did you tell me about the newer one at some point? How can you not get excited about a ferrari motor? That's just pure class.

Chris that is a lovely hair dryer, looks so much better in black.
Suddenly the Parlux doesn't seem that special anymore lol.

I think i've just always used a Parlux because they've got such a good reputation as far as hairdryers go.

No i told you mine had a Ferrari engine hahaha!

Haha did you say it had a ferrari motor? So the one you've got has got a Ferrari motor? Or did you tell me about the newer one at some point? How can you not get excited about a ferrari motor? That's just pure class.

Chris that is a lovely hair dryer, looks so much better in black.
Suddenly the Parlux doesn't seem that special anymore lol.

I think i've just always used a Parlux because they've got such a good reputation as far as hairdryers go.

You gotta join the club now and get a Ferrari lol.

New brushes today Ibiza G series (cork handles, better grip, put a really nice bend in hair, really light). Prefer them to GHD but it's always good to have a selection for different clients.

You gotta join the club now and get a Ferrari lol.

New brushes today Ibiza G series (cork handles, better grip, put a really nice bend in hair, really light). Prefer them to GHD but it's always good to have a selection for different clients.

I want to try the Ibiza ones, need some decent natural bristle ones.

I want to try the Ibiza ones, need some decent natural bristle ones.

They are good Cam, highly recommend. I got the G3, G4 & G17. They put a really nice smooth effortless finish on hair. Right amount of tension and just glides through. Even wrapping up to do a curly blow out I was unable to get the brush caught up. Puts a really nice bend in the hair.

Was considering the B series but don't think I will bother as bristles are so soft. The G17 has a mixture and after a couple of sections the B bristles were out of shape (might be that Ferrari motor blasting the S*@# out of them at high heat). Plus it's very long (too long for a comfortable, controlled section) so wouldn't bother with that brush.

They are good Cam, highly recommend. I got the G3, G4 & G17. They put a really nice smooth effortless finish on hair. Right amount of tension and just glides through. Even wrapping up to do a curly blow out I was unable to get the brush caught up. Puts a really nice bend in the hair.

Was considering the B series but don't think I will bother as bristles are so soft. The G17 has a mixture and after a couple of sections the B bristles were out of shape (might be that Ferrari motor blasting the S*@# out of them at high heat). Plus it's very long (too long for a comfortable, controlled section) so wouldn't bother with that brush.

Cool i'll definitely have to purchase some!

I have used the GHD brushes in my salon for 5 years and wouldn't go back now! I love them, and so do my clients, we sell loads.

I use the GHD dryer for at home, but I use parlux in the salon. The only reason being is the GHD dryer nozzle doesn't fit through the hole in my trolley and I don't want to keep taking it off everytime I put the dryer down! I completely agree with the parlux switches- some days I'm in agony, I have to twist the dryer slightly. I wouldn't say there is a massive difference between Ghd & parlux, I like them both!

@chrisjames It can't be a proper Ferrari motor, 'cos it's black not RED, lol! :cool:

Which Parlux are you comparing it to? I've got the lightweight one (385) to save my wrists. I'd rather go for lighter/powerful over heavy/more powerful these days. If it's comparable weight/balance, I'd be quite keen to try it. Always good to have a decent back up.

I fancy the Phillips monster boar brush now too .... :)

@chrisjames It can't be a proper Ferrari motor, 'cos it's black not RED, lol! :cool:

Which Parlux are you comparing it to? I've got the lightweight one (385) to save my wrists. I'd rather go for lighter/powerful over heavy/more powerful these days. If it's comparable weight/balance, I'd be quite keen to try it. Always good to have a decent back up.

I fancy the Phillips monster boar brush now too .... :)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] but it's what's under the hood that counts AcidPerm [emoji38] its Ferrari yellow [emoji12]

I have the Parlux super compact 3500 and before that the standard Parlux. The Weight distribution of the Ferrari feels more balanced compared to Parlux making it more comfortable. It's weights 595g all up with nozzle on. It's a very good dryer if you are looking for an alternative back up.

Latest posts

Back