My Roots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello...I'm not a hair geek, I'm just popping over from the skin side! :)

I'm going on holiday next week & my hairdresser can't fit me in before I go.

My natural hair colour is quite mousey coloured. I have half a head of blonde highlights which really brightens it up and makes it lovely &
blonde.

My roots are dreadful at the moment & they look really dark! :-( I would like to do something about this before next week and I was wondering if a box colour would be an option? Just something I could by from boots?

If so, what shade would you suggest, going on the info above. I just want something that will brighten me up and then I will have my hair done again properly in a few weeks.

Any advice would me great. Thanks x

Heya.. NO WAY. Step away from the box colour. I will tell you what will happen. The box colour will not lift your roots up enough and you will end up with orange roots and then the box dye will probably cling to where your hi lights are. So where ever you have natural colour, the shade will end up orange on brown hair. Do not do it. Go to a different hairdresser. Ask a friend whos hair always looks good where she goes and book in somewhere else. It cant be helped. you can go back to your normal hairdresser at your next appointment. DO NOT risk a box dye it will end in disaster, and will cost loads to get fixed, as to correct it will be classsed as a colour correction, where as what you are wanting now is your roots doing and maby some refreshing on the ends, which is a standard service so not as expensive. Got to a professional. xxxx

Ok will do!! :)) Thanks for your advice!!

Is there a certain wash in colour that I could use in the mean time??

I will ask the girls in work where they usually get there hair done tomorrow :)) xx

Hiya, can't you just go somewhere else for some highlights along your parting to keep you going until your hairdresser can fit you in? You won't be able to find a wash in colour to give you a highlighted effect, these will only deposit tone, not lighten like highlights would.

Wash in colours wont lift colour only darken it or change the tone. (eg make brown hair chocolate brown or black, but cant make it light brown or blonde). Go to a salon its the only way xxx

Thanks, it's fine, I will just wait xx

Hiya, can't you just go somewhere else for some highlights along your parting to keep you going until your hairdresser can fit you in? You won't be able to find a wash in colour to give you a highlighted effect, these will only deposit tone, not lighten like highlights would.

I can't I'm afraid, I'm working day & night until my holiday. My hairdresser is mobile, so I can normally fit a hair appointment in between my own bookings xxx

I can't I'm afraid, I'm working day & night until my holiday. My hairdresser is mobile, so I can normally fit a hair appointment in between my own bookings xxx

You should be able to find another mobile hairdresser who would be able to do that.

Have you rang your usual hairdresser again to see if she's had any cancellations? X

Latest posts

Back