My scalp hurts, any ideas please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
I had surgery last week, general anaesthetic and apart from every muscle in my body hurting, my scalp hurts. If I run my fingers over it it's so tender. I haven't worn my hair up in a tight style or anything like that. In fact nothing whatsoever out of the ordinary. Is it because I'm recovering from an operation?

I'm not a hairdresser and would appreciate any feedback reference to this weird occurrence.

hey, sorry u are feeling rough! the only thing i can think of in ref to scalp and body pain after surgery is fibromyalgia!? can be caused by trauma to the body or sugery using generals, have a look into it! x

Passing good internet vibes to get better!

Without sounding shrewd or getting too personal on the operation. I would assume its comes with the terriory of having a operation, ie the side affects. It is common to feel extra tender after surgery, as the resting time allows your body to try and get back to normal. How long have you been told to rest for?

My questions outside this is how long has the pain be starting for? is the scalp is inflammed? Is there any visable dry flaky or rash type symptoms? If you answered yes to the last few then has the medicine helped? If not then i would definatly go back to doctor hopefully getting some extra strong meds.

I sincerly hope you feel better! Now rest! xoxo

I wouldn't even like to guess what it could be hun, get yourself to the doctor and get better xx

Thank you for our replies and good wishes. I think it may possibly be just my body recovering but I've had ops in the past and not had an issue with my scalp being so tender.

No flaking or visible redness. Thank you again.

This is quite natural, I have had it myself after generals it's just extra sensitive and should settle down in the next week or 2 :D

Latest posts

Back