Myscara issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
ooooh had a disasterous client :( did myscara i think some of the top lashes poked out of the tape thru treatment then when she opened her eyes top and bottom lashes were tangled :/ got them sorted out no probs but then her eyes started to water and the product started to run down her face in clumps :/ but they looked fine at the end was just a bit stressful :/

a couple of my clients have been a bit underwhelmed by it i think they had the idea that it would give them the extension look
what has everyone elses clients thought about it ?
slowly losing confidence :(

Hi Kathryn
It's still very early days!! I think u r being hard on yourself!

I try to take before and after photos to show he client how much of a difference the service makes! It won't be like extensions cos that's not what it's supposed to be - focus on the main benefits - like waterproof, smudge proof, hassle free, etc

Getting the lashes taped is really fiddly but worth persevering with as it makes the rest of the treatment less stressful for u and ur client. Also some eye shapes are more awkward than others - think of all the different nail shapes you gave come across!

Im now 3 weeks in and have done about 10-15 sets and it does get easier.

I did a removal last night for the first time and it was disaster for me as I got a wee teeny bit of the gel remover in clients eye and it was nearly game over as that stuff stings like nobody's business and I was really gutted!

I'm happy to meet up and swap tips!

Elaine

Elaine you are so sweet :D thankyou we will def meet up was removal hard ? im dreading that now lol i know it just knocked me back because i love the product so much and have a lot of confidence in it, her eyelashes were quite short and a few were breaking, she has used extensions for a while im not sure if this would alter the effect

thanks again elaine :D

Well u just answered your own dilemma :) her eyelashes were short and she ha damage from extensions - that will ALWAYS be tricky!!

Please dont beat yourself up about it!

I think after a couple more removals it'll be ok- we didnt see removal on our course so I was just following the manual - it's always better to 'see' it.

You are welcome to come watch me doing a set if it would help? I'm not an expert or anything but sometimes it's good to observe someone else...lol!

Elaine

Last edited by a moderator:
that would be great elaine :D will that arranged im free a couple of days next week so just whenever suits you give me a wee txt sure :D
because myscara is so new it would be good to talk throught with it with you

Kathryn :D

Hi Elaine...can I just ask you about removal? Did you leave the de-bonder on for a few mins before trying to work the product off, or just go for it? Also on our training they used cotton buds for removal, manual says micro brushes (probably doesn't make any difference)...what did you use? x

Awh Kathryn I'm just in the middle of emailing you and I came across this! don't beat yourself up, as Elaine said You just gave yourself the answer, if she had damaged lashes its usually best to avoid MYscara until the lashes get healthier. they're going to be harder to work with and the result just wont be the same.
Its very early days for you and its good to make mistakes at the start because you learn from them. Take your time and if you need you spend an extra few mins getting the tape perfect then do, theres no rush and itll get easier with time. You did so well on Sunday honestly you picked it up so quickly but everything takes time so don't let it knock your confidence hun.
Also like Elaine said, they're not extensions so people can't expect to see the same results, its a mascara that lasts for weeks, its waterproof, smudgeproof and effortless everyday! thats why it works well to do one eye and then show your client halfway through so she can see the difference.

Dont let it knock you back, get some more practise and your case studies done and you'll be a pro in no time! and you should definately take Elaine up on her offer she's fab at MYscara, it'll be good for you to pick her brain. And don't forget we're back in Belfast on 17th of July and we offer a free refresher so your welcome to come along and I'll watch your applications and give you feedback. hth and you know where I am if you need anything else x

Hiya, I'm doing Myscara training on Tuesday and am nervous but looking forward to it. Hope you don't mind that I read this thread but it really interested me because it's a great insight into what can go wrong and refreshing to see the support from fellow geeks.

Thankyou and good luck, I'm sure this time next month you will be an expert x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Really daft question but whats the difference between myscara and tinting eyelashes? Thankd

Tinting only colours the lashes - Myscara adds thickness, curl as it is an actual coating - honestly it's like putting myscara on one day and taking it off 2-3 weeks later - waterproof smudge proof hassle free - no panda eyes!!

I'm still amazed when I get out of the shower and my mascara or MYscara is still perfect.

Hi Elaine...can I just ask you about removal? Did you leave the de-bonder on for a few mins before trying to work the product off, or just go for it? Also on our training they used cotton buds for removal, manual says micro brushes (probably doesn't make any difference)...what did you use? x

Hi Puffle

I left it on for a few minutes - you will see the myscara starting to 'dissolve' or 'melt' (sorry can't find right word) when I see this I start to use the brush or bud to wipe it off. I found the bud works better in top of lashes and brush for underneath.

It's like anything - the more you do it the more natural it feels to do.

Maybe practice removal on a friend/family first if you can as u won't feel as under pressure time wise.

Removal took me about 30mins but I did get a bit in her eyes so we had to stop for a 'rest'

My top tip! Have an eyebath ready in case any gel remover gets in re eye!

Hope it helps.

Elaine

Hi Lady bird, Did you use a damp 1/2 cotton pad under bottom lashes for removal? Also is it gel remover. Its really hard to get into eyes unless a client opens their eyes during the removal process xx

Hi Lady bird, Did you use a damp 1/2 cotton pad under bottom lashes for removal? Also is it gel remover. Its really hard to get into eyes unless a client opens their eyes during the removal process xx

I was taught to leave gel on for 5 minutes or so to soak in and then use cotton buds to roll downwards to remove. It takes longer obviously the more coats you have on. I too use damp pads to protect underneath the eyes but also this Is where some of the product ends up to. Even will clients eyes closed a bit of gel has got into the eyes despite preparation- it really does sting!!.

With regards to EE comparisons- I too have had disappointed comments from previous EE wearers. They are expecting the false exaggerated look that you get with EE. MYscara is amazing and ppl that have never had EE love it!- it does curl, lengthen and give volume. I use manual eyelash curlers now as I think it's a much better result than the heated version.

Also I promote it for lower lashes on EE wearers- win win situation!!- good luck HTH xxxx

Hiya, I'm doing Myscara training on Tuesday and am nervous but looking forward to it. Hope you don't mind that I read this thread but it really interested me because it's a great insight into what can go wrong and refreshing to see the support from fellow geeks.

Thankyou and good luck, I'm sure this time next month you will be an expert x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Totally loved it... Nothing to be nervous about... 2 case studies down 2 to go. How are you all getting on? x

I use cotton buds and gel remover and roll it off down the lashes works perfectly just give the gel a min to start working x

Latest posts

Back