MysticTan Booth vs. Tantrick Minimist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently been considering buying the tantrick minimist machine (when I have saved a bit more dollar!!) as I plan to set up a little home salon in my spare bedroom within the next 6 months.

However I received an e.mail 2day from MysticTan, they must watch what people are talking about on here cause I had never heard of them, have any of you had e.mails from them? Anyway, for those of you who don't know who they are it is a company that sell tanning booths. You literally walk in, get undressed and the machine sprays you with a uniform layer of tanning solution, then you get dressed and walk out. This just brings images to mind of Ross in Friends and it fills me with horror! Lol! Anyway, they say buying a second hand 1 from them with the solutions will give me a better profit margin blah blah blah...lots of sales crap!

I'm not very keen on the idea as it surely won't be as good a tan as you would get from a trained technician who can see exactly how much solution she is spraying and where she is spraying it! I don't know, am I wrong?

Have any of you ever experienced these booths? Are they any good?

Any feedback will be much appreciated x

hi,
i have used one of these booths and thought it was very good, you just have to watch for runs as it does spray quite a bit of solution on you eg. backs of legs
from julie
ps i have heard some salons have a problem with nozzles blocking causing the solution to spit.

pps.who ever e.mailed about the tanning booth please feel free to e mail me i would be interested.
i know that was a bit cheeky but if you dont ask
from julie

I use the tantrick machine and I dont get streaks or uneven tan ... the hvlp gun gives a super even tan (with the help of a tained eye from the technician!).

There are lots of threads on here regarding how great the tantrick products are ... you will find them if you do a quick search. Plus tantrick have posted a thread today that they are offering a free purpose popup booth with the sales of their mini mist machines.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/28774-tantricks-new-tantxt-excel-show-offer.html

We have the Mystic Tanning Room in our shop............. I love it.... in and out in minutes......the colour is great and very even.......

The only time we have had a problem with the nozzles, was when some bright spark, didn't cleaned the machine thoroughly at the end of the day, ready for the next days tanning......

Samoyed said:
This just brings images to mind of Ross in Friends and it fills me with horror! Lol! x
this episode of friends is one of the funniest ever isnt it! It has my daughter crying with laughter every time!:lol:

I know, I really don't need my clients all leaving looking like Ross!!!!

Thanks nailfx but i have already done my research into the tantrick minimist and that's y I was gonna go 4 it until this e.mail confused me.

The way I am looking at it now is that if it is a good machine and the results are just as good as me buying a machine and doing it myself then surely I will make more money off the booth as I will be able to be doing someones nails at the same time and the lazy side of me says that if I have no nails to do I can just sit and wait, the only hard work will be cleaning the machine at the end of the day! I really sound lazy don't I? Lol!

Has anyone else used one of these booths before? And can anyone tell me how much they cost, how big they are, if I will need any training, if u can get insurance for it etc etc.

Thanks again, Kerry x

Samoyed said:
Thanks nailfx but i have already done my research into the tantrick minimist and that's y I was gonna go 4 it until this e.mail confused me.The way I am looking at it now is that if it is a good machine and the results are just as good as me buying a machine and doing it myself then surely I will make more money off the booth as I will be able to be doing someones nails at the same time and the lazy side of me says that if I have no nails to do I can just sit and wait, the only hard work will be cleaning the machine at the end of the day! I really sound lazy don't I? Lol!Thanks again, Kerry x

Ah well ... if you are so busy that you can fit clients in for tanning at the same time as other treatments then I am sure it would benefit you tremendously... unfortunately for me ... I don't have clients lining up as yet for treatments (unless its a tanning party) so the tantrick system works for me perfectly.

Best of luck with your research and decision :)

I'm sorry, but I can't see how you will make any money using a booth. I think it might make sense if you had a very busy (high Street) Salon but given that you are planning to work from home, I can't see it making sense. If you sit down & work out ALL the costs ie business rates, tax, bookeeping, advertising, loan repayments, cleaning, mortgage repayments etc etc + the cost of the solution, you probably won't have much left over (to pay for a ooth)

I would go for a quality compressor & if you get super busy, it is easy to upgrade to a booth.

If you are setting a Home Salon, I would sugest you buy nothing, unless you find a real need for it first, & try to keep it self financing. Keep on saving up for things as you are & you won't go far wrong.

Do u know what, that was a good reality check, thanks, I think I got carried away for a moment and looking at it in a sensible manner I think the minimist would be the best way to go.

I definately want to go down the spray tan and nails route as I have people asking for both already and have already chosen Creative for the nails half of my business. I'm gonna go with Tantrick and buy the minimist. At the end of the day I doubt I will ever get busy just doing it from home, it's not like having a shop on the high street is it and it'll probably be alot cheaper aswell than getting into the whole booth thing and I could always upgrade in future if needs be.

Just gotta get saving hard now, will keep u all updated on my progress when things get going. Thanks every1 for your input as always x

Latest posts

Back