nail addiction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2this

Reaction score
Hi am i the only one who is totally addicted to doing their own nails? I haven't been doing it long and am still very excited by it all. I did a beautiful set of nails on myself the other day (I'm very lucky as i'm ambidextrous so can do both hands quite easily!) but within 2 days i wanted to re-do them for no other reason than i love doing it! Am i the only one? I have manged to resist though and am now on day 5!!!

I make my own nails go the full two weeks before I start to tinker with them in terms of regrowth. I hate to see it, just the same as I don't like it when the roots start to show again in my hair.

I like to try new things, although I dread my 'Wrong' hand. It's the soaking off bit that I can't stand. :irked:

I have to say ' My name is Suzie and I am addicted to doing my own nails' :lol:
I do try to make them last at least 2 weeks now, but you can guarantee in that time I change the shape, add bits of art, or generally faff around with a nail file, filing way non existent lumps and bumps. :hug: x

Me too
I like to add bits on or change colours for what im wearing .My other half says what r u doing now or oh r u in your room again(nail room)
Men they will never understand + when i go out people always say whats your your nails like:) now .

When you become fully booked and then have to stay after a 9 hour day, you no longer mess with your own nails anymore! lol I like the way my nails look when they're done, I just can't be bothered with them. I say as long as you're not killing your nails, have fun with it because pretty soon, you'll be all booked up and will miss it! :p

The only thing "wrong" that I see with your obsession, is over exposure.
The two weeks time out is a good idea. I have been over exposed and no longer wear enhancements. I do nail enhancements on my clients only. I love my job, I wish I had been wiser back when I started. Im not sure which product finally sent me over the edge. I have to wear gloves now, or my skin becomes so thin I can't even hold my hands under cool running water. Sorry so, boring. :zzz: There is a picture of hands/nails that have been over exposed in both of Dougs books. They could be mine. I now have the extra expense of paying for nitrile gloves, more expensive than latex (another after working in this industry, allergy).

I'm the same way, but I have a rule that once I have enhancements on, I MUST keep them on for ATEAST a month, and I can only give myself a fill every 3 weeks. I allow myself to repair a broken nail though.

If I don't limit myself I'm just gonna keep wasting product on myself :D

I used to play a lot but now I only do my own when the time has come to rebalance. Thats partly because since October I have just been happy with how they turned out although I do repolish them, I'm loving using my new colours.

If I want to play between times I just do so on tips stuck to my spare brush handles :lol:

I love doing my own nails, and am ambidextrous.

I dont wear enhancements, i have long nails, but i love doing fiddly nail art and experimenting with colours.

I also have a konad kit which i am in love with, and have also just discovered the little paints from the Warhammer shop for painting the models. Its perfect for nail art.

I do a design on my nails and then want to change it just to practice and see what looks nice! :green:

Latest posts

Back