Nail Adhesive bothering my asthma - other options?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've had several serious chest infections since the birth of my daughter two years ago (secondary to surgical infections... long story!), and after my last one this past winter, the doctors have told me I have asthma.

I've tried to be very aware what sort of things trigger an attack for me, and thankfully none of my enhancement products have bothered me in the slightest... except nail tip adhesive!

I'm noticing it's setting me off coughing every time I open the bottle. I've got one from Biosculpture nails, and another one from EZFlow - both bug me.

Are any brands different, or are they all made out of roughly the same thing? I know to work quickly and keep the lid on the bottle as long as possible, but I'd be thrilled if anyone could help with this.

Many thanks
Dawn

Cant help with different brands but you have 2 other options. Wear a mask or sculpt instead of tips x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[email protected]

Cant help with different brands but you have 2 other options. Wear a mask or sculpt instead of tips x

Yes, I suppose those are other options - thanks for mentioning them. The mask isn't really helping (I tried that already), and while I can sculpt, I tend to like tips better (especially for the clients I use Popits with).

I'm off to the Scotland Beauty show next Sunday and will have a chance to check out lots of different brands, but was hoping I'd find another adhesive option (perhaps other asthmatics could chime in on this, although I know everyone is different).

Asthma is a pain!

Using a mask can help but it has to be a vapor mask not a dust mask.
A vapor mask used by paint sprayers aso, contains a small filter unit that filters the vapors into a disposable pad, usually carbon based.
A dust mask will just trap the vapors and cling to the mask, so you would be inhaling more as it is then directly in your breathing zone.

Great ventilation and not sitting right over it is a must. Asthmatics have to be more careful as their body is on high alert standby . Keeping your breathing zone as clean as possible is your best choice and then look for a good vapor mask....

HTH

Latest posts

Back