Quantcast

Nail advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

rachey

Reaction score
Hey geeks, just after a little advice. My nails are pretty weak... They always have been :-s as in so weak that if I push down on the nail it easily bends, so I often snap my nails just doing simple tasks! :-( . I have been considering getting shellac done? Would this be a good option for my nails? Just want them to look nice and get some strength! I am really struggling to find someone that does shellac in my area too :-( . Thanks for your help geeks!

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Shellac is designed for people with healthy natural nails. It will add some strength but I'd recommend you get a natural nail overlay of liquid&powder acrylic or gel. Maybe post on here asking for a tech in your area? Xx

lila22

Reaction score
Bio sculpture would be one I can advise, it's a gel but won't ruin your own nails x

souz

Reaction score
sounds like you just need a bit of added strength if you are managing to grow your nails enough that you are able to bend them you are half way there, i would suggest a gel overlay(i do and have bio sculpture so naturally that would be my choice). However i have recently started doing shellac and have been doing my own, i also have bendy nails that without anything on would snap off and i have been surprised that Shellac has been enough on my own.

i have also just converted a client from bio to shellac and she is also loving it, her nails are extremely bendy. As said either try on here or contact sweet squared to find a technician. Then maybe you could look into adding it to your treatment menu!

rachey

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies and advice! Appreciated :)

Latest posts