Nail advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amwebster

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a nail infection and as a result the whole nail has come off. She has a ball on Friday night just looking for any suggestions for making it look slightly better for the night? Thanks xx

Hello

I hate to see threads with no responses so even though I have no idea what you can do, here I am replying.

I am not sure you should try and do anything with the infected nail to be honest. Since you described the whole nail coming off I am guessing it is just skin now? nothing with adhere to skin and so i cannot for the life of me think of anything you can do.

Maybe me bumping this thread up will get a response from the more experienced nail geeks? Could an acrylic nail be constructed?

Does she have the ok from her doctor to have anything put on the nail area? Xx

If she has lost the nail, and the infection has gone and there is no open skin then she could simply wear a false nail for the evening, and hope for the best. It should last for the duration of the ball especially if a professional nail adhesive like GelBond is used. GelBond having a thick viscosity, will squish into any uneven places and hold the false nail much more firmly than a thin runny adhesive.

Poppits, just for the night

Thanks so much, I'm not sure I the infection has gone or not. Will pass on the advice tho xxx

Latest posts

Back