Nail art and Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyK

Reaction score
Do you guys do your nail art under or on top of your gel top coat?? I have always done my art using gel polish on top of cured colour and then cured and applied top coat but thinking that if done on top of top coat it's easier to remove any mistakes? Or would it be too slippery? X

On top of top coat, then art and another top coat.

On top of top coat, then art and another top coat.
I do mine on top of the cured colour, then apply top coat, is there a reason you do it on top of the top coat then apply another layer of top coat?

I tried it today on top of top coat, much easier if you make a mistake to wipe away.. I had always previously done it on the cured colour too but think I may do it this way from now on x

I tried it today on top of top coat, much easier if you make a mistake to wipe away.. I had always previously done it on the cured colour too but think I may do it this way from now on x

Ah Okies thankyou

I do it on the cured colour with Shellac, if I make a mistake I use the dsperse to remove and it doesn't affect the colour coat... I'd imagine it makes removal tougher with 2 top coats, plus the cost it's a bit of a waste.. :)

I do it over the final colour coat. Do my art stamping foils etc then top

I do it this way as I'm not a fan of too many layers as it is, I like to keep my work 'thin' hate gel polish on acrylics esp if they are a bit thick and chunky looking

Last edited:
Ok I thought there may of been some hidden professional secret behind it that I was missing lol seems it's just preference to each person

I was advised by my CND trainer to apply to colour coat then finally top coat as two top coats take longer the remove. And if I want to stamp over glitter I use Clearly Pink then stamp then top coat x

I will stick to applying to colour coat then as agree with the issue with removing. Just wanted to run it through in my mind! Thanks ladies xx

I will stick to applying to colour coat then as agree with the issue with removing. Just wanted to run it through in my mind! Thanks ladies xx
I use gelish and I do it as in completely finish the nails then ill do my design and then apply another top coat. It usually takes me 10min remove it, foil up one hand then the other, then I check on first hand and it's usually ready enough to come off x

Latest posts

Back