Nail art for a 5 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Help,

I have a client coming today and bringing her 5 yr old daughter with her for nail art.

What can I do. Her nails are going to be soooo tiny.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Rachel

i do my daugther nails she only 4.
i usually put little flowers on, or if i have some small stickers i use them
she always happy when i have finished. easier to please.
good luck

i agree i think the younger the easier pleased they are.. i have a friend daughter who always want auntie liz to do her nails, sometimes if im too busy i have just painted them clear or with a glittter polish and she spends the next week cooing over them, its quite sweet really:lol:

I do my boyfriends sisters nails and shes always happy as long as it sparkles..glitter etc is always a success:)

Little flowers are always a winner with little girls.

heres a few ideas that we did for the school fete, some of them had tiny fingers but they still went on ok....

When Ive had to do tiny nails at fetes & such. I have usually done a single dotted flower, a single paw print, or tiny flicks starting from the free edge on each nail.
If they want sparkle, a glittery polish with a single rhinestone on each ring finger usually suffices.
Good luck... be sure to let us know what you did!

i agree with the glitter thing i did a friend of mines little girls nails bright pink with glitter she loved them xx

I did little gems with flowers round them and glitter on the tips. She was very pleased with them.

thanks for your suggestions.

Rachel

P.S. Her mum also booked in to have her nails done too so that was a plus xx

Glad they were both happy. My daughter is 5 and she loves all the stickers and decals I have. I'm surprising her with mom-grandma-daughter pedicures at a shop in town. Should be fun.
michele

I put disney decals on my little girl she loves the winnie the pooh they are not all small enough for her nails but most are or they have a design called cuties? i think at Nail Delights that are great for kids
adell

Last edited by a moderator:
The cutest nail art I ever saw was a ladybug. You paint the whole nail red. Then you put a black line down the middle. Then you paint a black dome near the free edge and put little black dots on each side of the line you painted. Walaa, you have yourself a ladybug. It's adorable. If I can find the pics I will post them for you. I might have even seen them on this site...I can't remember. :green:

Last edited:
You bet me to it Kitkat,
I love ladybugs... I paint my daughters nails white and then put a little red oval on them with a black head and paint a black line down the centre and add the little dots.. I add tiny little feelers to the head... on the bigger nails i add a little trail of black dots.. very cute.. next time i do them i will add some photo's on the site.

Hey Great news that you got a new client out of your youngest! lol

This reply is too late, and I'm sorry :cry:

But here's my answer and hope it helps others that 'search' in the future

Here's a pic of some stuff that I do on wee ones:

PrincessPartyFreehandPaintingOnTips.jpg

hope this helps
:hug:

Latest posts

Back