Nail Art like this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByShakira

Reaction score
Hello Geeks..

I'm really inspired by nail art done by Wah Nails & The Illustrated Nail
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389551559.517829.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389551573.965313.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389551591.045767.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389551621.277028.jpg

I've been practising a few designs with Shellac but just can't get the detail right.
Maybe it can't be done with Shellac as the pictures I've posted (not my work) have been done with normal polish and nail pens.

I would like to use Shellac as it would last longer.

Are there any alternatives I can use to create similar nail art? Decals? Stamps? That kind of thing. It is kinda cheating doing it an easier way?

Shakira x

Hello Geeks..

I'm really inspired by nail art done by Wah Nails & The Illustrated Nail
View attachment 52536 View attachment 52537 View attachment 52538 View attachment 52539

I've been practising a few designs with Shellac but just can't get the detail right.
Maybe it can't be done with Shellac as the pictures I've posted (not my work) have been done with normal polish and nail pens.

I would like to use Shellac as it would last longer.

Are there any alternatives I can use to create similar nail art? Decals? Stamps? That kind of thing. It is kinda cheating doing it an easier way?

Shakira x

I have been following those accounts for years, love them so much especially Wah nails style. How about acrylic paint & a very fine detailing brush?

Acrylic paints are good for this type of nail art. I get mine from Hobbycraft x

How would that work with Shellac then?

Base coat - Colour coat x2 - Top coat - Wipe with D'sperse - Acrylic paint - Top coat again?

Does acrylic paint dry quickly? Also I wouldn't know what brushes to get or where to find decent ones.

Shakira x

I can't see any reason why you can't do all those with shellac with practice...it's just the brushes you use, another geek cuts her brushes to suit what she does and she does some very intricate designs...I use a metal brush for detailing...obviously you would cure Inbetween colours etc x

I love wah nail designs also, I have another tip I've tried & tested & can say it's worked really well for me is by using sharpie markers. I was always really happy with results using shellac for patterns but couldn't be happier with the crisp lines & detail sharpie gives.
Method is base cure, colour coats x 2 cure, top coat cure, wipe with d-sperse & buff lightly, sharpie & allow to dry (1-2 mins) float last top coat over design to seal & cure.
I got this method from a thread on here so you may find other ways or a way better for you if you search sharpie.
I've included two pictures, one is leopard print & other is black lines on asphalt so may be harder to see. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389555584.478837.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389555601.335585.jpg

I guess I can try both. Acrylic paint and Sharpie pens. Just searched the Sharpie thread and found that there's an "80's Glam" range, bright colours 😍 I like the look of.

I do all of my art with shellac and a tiny brush I have a few short striper brushes that I chop to size some have about 10 hairs on now lol I've been know to use pins too. It just takes a bit if practice to get just the right amount of product on your brush and cure between each layer of colours. Hope that helps a bit

Latest posts

Back