Nail art parties advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah1992

Reaction score
Hey, looking for some advice from my only colleagues ( ie . Fellow geeks!).

I do nail art & have been for 7 years & have done 2 nail art parties so far and haven't really advertised them as I'm not sure exactly how much I should be charging. I don't use any stickers or decals as I do all freehand painting so it takes that bit longer, I paint all the nsils & do nail art on thumbs & ring fingers. Even at that it took me 2 and a half hours to do 8 girls!

Im not sure If I am allowed to say how much I charge on here so I will just say it & remove if it causes any trouble, apologies if its not allowed!

I usually (on my old pricelist) charge €7 for childrens nail art full set, its now €10.
In doing pamper parties for the 2 partues I did I charged €5 per child & birthday girl free. The first time I also made edible nail varnish bittles using icing, marshmellows & chocolate fingers.

I now know I am really undercharging, but its not too late to change the price as I havent advertised one yet!

Can anyone give me a suggesstion as what way to charge/ any little ideas to make it more special please? Sorry for going on a bit, these are the kind of designs I bring with me.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382297144.882086.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382297168.614538.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382297202.115621.jpg

I'm sorry I have no idea how much to charge but I love your nail art. Very funky for kids parties. What products do you use for the art?
Kate x

I'm sorry I have no idea how much to charge but I love your nail art. Very funky for kids parties. What products do you use for the art?
Kate x

Thanks so much! I just use normal nail polish & thin brushes, now using acrylic paints though as they dont go all stringy :) x

Sorry I can't help pricing wise but I didn't want to read and run.

Ur nail are is awesome!! Xxx

Love the designs :) would you do the designs on all fingers ?

Sorry I can't help pricing wise but I didn't want to read and run.

Ur nail are is awesome!! Xxx

Thank you! Its my favorite thing to do! Xx

Love the designs :) would you do the designs on all fingers ?

Thank you! At the parties I paint all nails any color & just do nail art on ring finger & thumb as I would be there for hours if I had to do them all!

How fab are they?!! I can imagine them going down a storm with the littles...you should definitely do more parties!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

How fab are they?!! I can imagine them going down a storm with the littles...you should definitely do more parties!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you! :) the kids are fascinated with them & thats why I think I might be undercharging as I have seen other nail art at parties & its all stickers & they charge twice as much!

My thought is that you give something like 10% off for the party if there is more than a certain number of fingers to do... if there is a lot and you want to be really generous (like 10+ kids) then do 20% off.

I'd keep as a percentage - the other idea is to do what they do at restaurants and other places, charge a flat amount per child but they can only pick from a certain "menu" of items. i.e. nothing exceedingly intricate, you can keep it to stickers or single flowers or something like that - so it cuts down on your time.

In that case i would charge £12 per child. I charged £10 per child at my last party for 11 year olds and I think I could have charged more !

My thought is that you give something like 10% off for the party if there is more than a certain number of fingers to do... if there is a lot and you want to be really generous (like 10+ kids) then do 20% off.

I'd keep as a percentage - the other idea is to do what they do at restaurants and other places, charge a flat amount per child but they can only pick from a certain "menu" of items. i.e. nothing exceedingly intricate, you can keep it to stickers or single flowers or something like that - so it cuts down on your time.

They are really good ideas, thank you. :) I especially like the idea of the menu type choice, helps them pick & design easier too as there are a lot to choose from & they find it hard to pick! Thanks again!

In that case i would charge £12 per child. I charged £10 per child at my last party for 11 year olds and I think I could have charged more !

Thats pretty good & they had no problem paying the 11 per child? Do you go to their houses with a manicure table?

Good idea .

Thats pretty good & they had no problem paying the 11 per child? Do you go to their houses with a manicure table?

Yes, take your mani table and 2 fold up chairs, just in case they don't have any (but check with them first) also ask to be situated near plug points. Hopefully they won't put you right next to the blarring music :rolleyes: I've given up asking for a deposit first, but you can try. Parents just forget to send it.

im looking at doing the parties im having new logo done loyalty cards vouchers done recommend a friend £5.00 off and for parties with 4 or more all having treatments on same day £10.00 for the party hostess nail art depends on what they want doing with moving in new area im trying to keep it with same prices as local salons let me know ladies what you think

nail piercing £3.00 each
10 diamond stones £3.00
nail art they doing from £5.00 -£8.00 they also offer airbrushing free with full set &infills only but dont have a price for what they charge and do one colour

Yes, take your mani table and 2 fold up chairs, just in case they don't have any (but check with them first) also ask to be situated near plug points. Hopefully they won't put you right next to the blarring music :rolleyes: I've given up asking for a deposit first, but you can try. Parents just forget to send it.

The two times I did it I brought my table, 2 chairs, my displays, leaflets & a box full of my varnishes & nail art tools. It takes a lot of preparation to make sure I dont forget anything! Do you bring any signs to explain how you do things? (How many fingers they get art on etc.)

Love your nail art, my daughters would love those designs. I'm pretty new to nails so we are just experimenting with glitter but I'm aspiring to these designs! :Love:

Just the display board will do. Some kids have definite ideas what they want, others need to follow display examples. It's good fun but hard work.

One geek on here suggested to prep and prime everyone first, and then paint everyone and then do art on everyone. That way no child is sitting with you for too long at a time and also they dry in between layers whilst they are mucking about in the garden, swinging about etc. I tried that idea on one party and it works very well.:D

Also check with the parents if anyone is going home early so they get thier nails done for sure.

Also your insurance may need parents signature before treating under 16's ! So just make up a simple form asking parents permission and getting them to sign it.

Latest posts

Back