Nail art timings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
I did a search, but couldn't find the answer I was after.

When clients are ringing and booking in for nail maintenance, how much time do you book out if they're not sure what they would like done?

I'm quite slow at doing nail art, and obviously depending how intricate/simple the design, it's going to have different timings. Most of my clients don't decide if they do or don't want nail art until I'm literally about to do it. So I either have booked them in for too long an appointment time, or not long enough, and then can't give them what they want because my next appointment is in!?

How do you get around this in your salon?

Thanks xx

Last edited:
I have always 15 min extra for each apointment. one stroke is nice and efective way for quick designs. Also you can always suggest that design would look nice on ring finger and thumb only if you know that you time limited. If I know that the design is going to take long I safe time during extensions (like make them little bit shorter, Concentrate on aplication of product so don't have an exces of filling) Plan it all.

I make my average nail appointment (be it a full set of enhancements, maintenance, Shellac, mani/pedi etc) 90 mins long which covers all eventualities - unless they are a regular and I know what they like - it only takes me 15-25 mins to do nail art on every nail but if I know they want something elaborate I make sure I book out 2 hours. I also leave 15 mins between appointments so I have some extra time just in case... I like to know that my clients don't feel rushed and I can fit 9 clients into my day nicely (although at the moment I average 5 a day) - I have a home salon so that buffering time is really important because I need to be able to answer the door when they arrive without leaving the other client alone to roam around my house!

Xxx

Latest posts

Back