Nail Bar Danger Report on AU TV pls view

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
part I

YouTube - ‪Bad Nail Bars - Part 1‬‏

Part II
Nail bar danger, your stories

If you could have a look at these and give me your thoughts i would appreciate it.. :confused:

Well we all know this goes on everywhere. At least the program was placing the emphasis on 'discount' salons and not just salons! They're discount because they don't invest in staff, good quality products, tools, hygiene equipment etc etc. Plus the clients are rolled in, rolled out with not time between for a clean up.

A classic 'you get what you pay for' methinks

Disturbing. Here in the U.S., many of the local NSSs still use the pedicure blade. Amazing.

Part 1 of this has aired before, last year in fact, part 2 is new and again very disturbing for our Australian industry or any country for that matter.
We here in OZ are not immune to these horrid places and it would help if we had a governing body to actually police our industry.

omg ! some of those pictures just turn your stomach dont they?
I had to turn someone away who came to me her nails were 'black' with infection, the tech she had been going to had told her 'dont worry it'll grow out' and continued to do her colour overlays, until it reached a point where the overlays just wouldnt hold any longer, omg, then she saw my advert somewhere and came to see me, i referred her to the doctor, she was very aggitated with me because she was determined she wanted more product on to hide the discolouration, i had to explain how this wasnt possible for both my sake and hers, then she said 'but the last tech did mine and it didnt seem to worry her about going on to do someoone elses' (at that point the penny dropped she said ah ! i see) she said she would see the doctor then, i just hope she did. i honestly couldnt beleive what i saw ! ( the worrying thing is she said that other tech is chockablock with clients) yeiks !

Ah yes. I myself have been a victim too. I got pedicure when I was 13 at this little "salon" in the mall attached to our hotel in Atlanta and got a severely infected ingrown toenail. I actually couldnt walk on that foot for a few days.

She improperly cut my nail. Whether the infection came from the jetted tub, who knows. But it was brutal.

However there will alway be people who A) do not educate themselves on salon safety as a consumer and people who B) don't give a youknwowhat

The above people are not my target market and I go above and beyond to keep my clients safe. My prices reflect the high quality products I use for their services and for cleaning.

We have a governing body here in USA but still it goes on !! Shocking !:evil:
I think these Discount Salons should be shut down!

If Aids, Hep B, Hep C, and may other Infections and life threatening diseases are NOT enough for the general public to see how dangerous these discount salons are...what is ?

Last edited:
That's shocking. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back