Nail Biter (again) HELP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess82

Reaction score
Hello again,

I am going to be faced with a client with nails like pictured below.

She has really big round bulges at the tips of her nails, so i doubt tipping would actually work.

I have read most of the links regarding nail biters, but i am still panicking about this.

Do you agree it's probably best to sculpt, and where do i start??? Will white acrylic powder not look ridiculous on fingers like these?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

NAILS2.10358_93EIX.standalone.jpg

You need to extend the nail bed with a full coverage powder before adding a smile line and keep them very very short,
Have a look in the tutorials, i am sure Peter pan did a really good one for nails like this,
Called something like extending the nail bed hth

You need to extend the nail bed with a full coverage powder before adding a smile line and keep them very very short,
Have a look in the tutorials, i am sure Peter pan did a really good one for nails like this,
Called something like extending the nail bed hth

Are we talking custom blending??

the last time I did this, I put too much red powder in :o

Teri:hug: x

I have tipped nails like these successfully by saddling the tips....I've never been able to get a good result by sculpting these nails....they always look wrong!!

You can use a custom blend, or if you're not confident in this, place the smile line,after tipping, where it should be on a non biter and finish with a polish that you would use for a french polish such as Negligee....no one will see the gap unless they are really close up and looking for it.

i did my friends nails whos nails were slightly worse than in the picture and i used peter pans method (building fee edges without forms) and it worked really well.alot easier than tipping.i dont think tips would of even of stuck if i had tried anyway.i didnt use a custom blend on hers as im just learning about it so i left them natural looking.if i hadnt of seen peter pans method then i probably wouldnt even of tried to do her nails as i wouldnt of been able to tip them and she has no nail for me to put a form under.i thought it worked great so i just want to say thanks to peter pan:hug:

I found a really good tutorial with video from Tammy Taylor hth.

heres the link Tammy Taylor Nail-Biter video
just had a look at this..theres no doubting she has a devoted following..but all that overexposure freaked me out:eek: Did love her little fuschia file though..very handy for side walls.

Princess..i would go the tipping route with custom blend or polish as cathie said. Nail biters like this can take months to break the habit..i am always wary of product on the skin..it was never designed for it and no amount of insurance would cover you if the client had a reaction. Its never a once of with a severe nail biter..repeated over exposure could lead to a problem for you and her.
Good luck with that initial set..even better luck at getting her to come back every 10-14 days till she has nails. I hate nail biters!:lol:

Tipping those are not difficult and it is the only way to safely apply product without massive amounts of overexposure.

HTHs!

place the smile line,after tipping, where it should be on a non biter and finish with a polish that you would use for a french polish such as Negligee....no one will see the gap unless they are really close up and looking for it.

so i'm not the only one that does this!! xx

place the smile line,after tipping, where it should be on a non biter and finish with a polish that you would use for a french polish such as Negligee....no one will see the gap unless they are really close up and looking for it.

phew so i'm not the only one that does this!! xx

Latest posts

Back