Nail biter!!!!! Ah!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG

Reaction score
Hi can anybody help me. I have a man that wants his nails done. He is an extreme nail biter with only about 3-5mm of nail the pinky practically nothing left!!! :eek:What do I do? I don't want to use tips as I think they will look odd and no where to stick them anyway!!! His daughter sent me a pic of the condition. I told her I cant promise anything but suggested a manicure and blush l&p over what exists until they start to grow the nail bed and some free edge naturally and to come once a week to maintain them and check he's not eating them off!! Does anybody have a better suggestion. This is my first male biter case!!! They have to look natural!!! HELP!

could you post the picture in your album so we could have a lot and then better advise you? xx

ok one moment!!

ok I just uploaded a pic of the nail biting man who is in desperate need in my album. As I have mentioned I have never tackled this sort of thing before I wrote what I thought I should do but is there a better way to approach this?

Jules

Can't see the pic :sad:

I have a male severe 'cannibal' totally paranoid that they must look natural. I use CND warm opaque in a very thin layer to cover the base, then Gigi's Secret Mix to create the illusion of a tiny free edge and then go over all with CND Natural. They look amazing even if i say so myself lol

The first set he bit off in two days, the second only bit one off and now we are getting somewhere slowly :)

Make sure you use meticulous PREP and book weekly appointments

good luck xx

Hi Dellaznails

The nail biting pic is in my album the only album I have!!:o I added you to my friends maybe this will help you see it :)

xx

i uploaded my foto!! arhhhh! its not working but its in my album i will make my avatar this foto for you all to see its the only thing i can think of give me a sec the things you gotta do for a muncher!! If you's guys can see my photo album at all I made the nail biting pic the front cover please try and take a peek if you can xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for your tips on what you do but I dont have any opaque powder!! Its on its way but it wont be here for this appointment :-( Can I somewhat gettaway with using blush pink the translucent pink?

They'll look 100% better after a really good manicure. The skin will be really tough and it'll take a while to get the cuticle under control even if he stops biting straight away (yeah, like that's going to happen :lol:)

For now I would give them a really good clean up and cover with translucent l&p, just pulling down a fraction over the end of the existing nail to try and even the edge out a little and smooth out the rough areas. Concentrate on getting a really smooth surface with no rough or sharp bits anywhere and buff to a sheen rather than a high shine.

I know it won't make it look like a full nail, but let's face it, it'll be so much better than what he has now! Mostly, it will be an aid to stopping biting or picking as a smooth surface is more likely to be left alone. Solaroil is also a great idea as he can use it whenever he feels he is at risk of biting - anything to do with his hands other than putting them in his mouth is a good thing.

Hi there1 Thanx so much for your reply. I just got your reply and I have just finished the nails and the funny thing is I did exactly what you mentioned. We started off with a heavy duty spa mani and followed by l&p but I used clear pink finished them with the matt looking buff and solar oil and gave him one to take home and use. He was very happy a nail biter for 37 yrs!!! :Scared:Lets hope all goes well by next Saturday which I have already booked him in for! FINGERS CROSSED Mind you I have never ever done mens nails or severely biten cases but these came out pretty good for a firsty!!!

Latest posts

Back