Nail desk which takes the smell away?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hey all, have you any idea the best form of removing the smell of acrylic? I am employing a nail technician in my busy city centre hair salon, but do not want my clients to complain about the smell, and I was wondering what the best extraction system would be for the smell....?

Thanks all

haydenamzy said:
Hey all, have you any idea the best form of removing the smell of acrylic? I am employing a nail technician in my busy city centre hair salon, but do not want my clients to complain about the smell, and I was wondering what the best extraction system would be for the smell....?

Thanks all

Purex do one but it is megga expensive.

haydenamzy said:

Thanks all

Odor really doesn't have to be an issue in your salon, provided the nail technician is working smart with her products, she should:::::
  • Have a metal peddle bin for all disposables
  • Use a covered dappen dish that is only open for a few minutes while she is applying the liquid and powder and then lid on again ...no pumps for monomer.
  • Not be wiping her brush on dry paper towel but on a pad that has been dampened with sanitizer to absorb the liquid and the smell
If she works with these few good habits, then you will rarely if ever smell monomer in the salon, and that is without extraction. Extraction is recommended though, especially to remove the dust which is more important to do (health wise) than a little odor.

geeg said:
  • Use a covered dappen dish that is only open for a few minutes while she is applying the liquid and powder and then lid on again ...no pumps for monomer.
  • Not be wiping her brush on dry paper towel but on a pad that has been dampened with sanitizer to absorb the liquid and the smell

Great advice as always geeg!
I hadn't thought about the third point, i don't wipe my brush on tissue i just release the excess liquid by pressing the brush against the side of the dappen dish ( i read this in one of your tutorials and since then its really made a difference to the smell)

Hi haydenamzy

If you want to see our nail station in action, I have just put a video on our site*** URL REMOVED by GMG ***

Check it out.

Call Graham at our place and tell him I referred you and to give you a good price.

Cheers.

Great Advice, the last point is great, I had not thought about this but will definately do this from now on as I wipe my brush on tissue and it creates a lot of odour. thanks x :Love:

or find a tech that uses gel.

Latest posts

Back