Nail Desk With Built in extractor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miami Pink

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I am going to be setting up in a hairdressers to do tans and nails. The room has been previouslyused by a reputable company and they have hafd anindustrial fan installed which filters the air through a pipe to the outside of the building. i think this will be enogh for the tanning, but im unsur about for nail dust. i amgetting my desks custom built so i neeto get the extractor to have it built into the desk can anyone tell me wot they involve? wot size are they electric do i plug it in? is there a box bit which fits into a cupboard etc i have searched every were on line and the only picture i can find is the same metal vent on the top of the desk.

PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND WITH HELP
thanks carly xxx

Hi Carly

My husband recently bought me an REM desk with a filter/extractor system on it like you describe ( with the metal plate)

The one on mine is a plug in one, the mechanism sits beneath the desk and protrudes approx 4-5" downwards. From the top, you lift the metal plate and there is a sponge typed filter ( feels like a stiff aquarium filter sponge tbh!) then the collection area.

It has a normal on and off switch on it too and just plugs in.

Not sure if that is of any help to you or not - if my explaination is rubbiswh, I can try to get pics :) xxx

We have these desks at the salon I work in. They help with the dust a little, but if you can get one that filters into a container or outside the building then that would be better. I still get covered in dust with these normal ones, even to the extent that my back and the back of my chair is covered in nail dust at the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back