Nail drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchie

Reaction score
In a nutshell,iv always been against these but think I should book a one to one n learn lol. What one would u all recommend?x

I'm doing the CND kupa file training tomorrow , I already know the efile is good , I'll let you know about the class tomorrow ,

Ive done the efile training with CND and I love my Kupa! Although I do find Im quicker without it!! :confused:

I was always against them too but now, I love my Kupa and I am certainly not quicker without it..

I use it for debulking and preparing for French re balance and no way can you do that quicker by hand! Actually I find I am using it more and more.

Drills have changed. They are not what they were. You can be quite delicate with the way you use a drill. Quite precise and controlled. I love using it.

Last edited:
Years ago I had my nails done in a Salon and they used an electric file...a few days later my fingertips were tingling and I had pins and needles so I went to a and e.they removed my enhancements and all my natural nails were sceptic as they had been burnt from the drill! Iv never trusted them since although u girls have helped me realise it was the 'technician' not the tool. My nails have been paper thin since and I can't survive without enhancements now :( x

Years ago I had my nails done in a Salon and they used an electric file...a few days later my fingertips were tingling and I had pins and needles so I went to a and e.they removed my enhancements and all my natural nails were sceptic as they had been burnt from the drill! Iv never trusted them since although u girls have helped me realise it was the 'technician' not the tool. My nails have been paper thin since and I can't survive without enhancements now :( x

Honestly, I've had a tech burn my nails by HAND FILING. I've read this quote before; "it's not the tools but the fools..."

I think once someone is trained PROPERLY, there is nothing wrong with using an e-file.

Have fun in your class. :)

I love my KUPA. And I love the quote, "It's not the tools, but the fools." So true.

An efile used properly is an excellent tool and makes our work much easier. Without proper training, however, we've all seen (and possible personally experienced) the damage.

My new best mate :D ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313614169.597048.jpg
I loved the class , ketan was very very good at teaching it , if you can get to him and do it as a 121 do it !
I had almost no knowledge of it when I got there , as I went on I saw dramatic improvement very quickly!

I love the fact a feather touch is all it needs it's not pressure it's the e file that dose all the work

I can't Waite to practice more and see how good I can get,

My new best mate :D View attachment 8539
I loved the class , ketan was very very good at teaching it , if you can get to him and do it as a 121 do it !
I had almost no knowledge of it when I got there , as I went on I saw dramatic improvement very quickly!

I love the fact a feather touch is all it needs it's not pressure it's the e file that dose all the work

Oooh this will be me next week as I do my Kupa training with Julia in Manchester. Can't wait.:)

My new best mate :D View attachment 8539

Mizzydizzy you're so lucky you got a purple one! I'm so bored of my White one I've been thinking of covering it rhinestones :biggrin: although he is still my best mate!

Sorry for the random question but would using an efile reduce pressure on my hand? I've only been doing nails a short while and am already suffering due to a trapped nerve. I'm waiting for physio and sure it will get better, just thinking how to work long term without causing any more damage!

Sorry for the random question but would using an efile reduce pressure on my hand? I've only been doing nails a short while and am already suffering due to a trapped nerve. I'm waiting for physio and sure it will get better, just thinking how to work long term without causing any more damage!

Using an drill/efile puts pressure of a different kind on your wist and hand but I have never suffered because of it. You should do a class and see how it feels to you and judge for yourself if it might be worthwhile.

I've been doing nails for 25 years and never suffered with any kind of RSI but many swear by the KUPA for reducing the symptoms they are experiencing. The KUPA hand piece is one of the lightest there is and it is a class piece of kit. Servicing (quick turn around) is also available for it from S2 as drills need servicing at least once every 18 months.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice Geeg. It's now on my 'saving up to do' list!

Sam, one of our former nail techs had an awful problem with pain in her wrists, forearm and shoulder and wrote it off as being the fault of the efile. It wasn't...it was her. She gripped the handpiece so tight, she was causing her own problems.

She had invested in a good efile. The handpiece was well-balanced and lightweight, so no problems there. Her overall technique was good. She just held the handpiece so freakin' tight, she was causing herself a God-awful amount of pain and discomfort.

She was her own worse enemy.

Sam, one of our former nail techs had an awful problem with pain in her wrists, forearm and shoulder and wrote it off as being the fault of the efile. It wasn't...it was her. She gripped the handpiece so tight, she was causing her own problems.

She had invested in a good efile. The handpiece was well-balanced and lightweight, so no problems there. Her overall technique was good. She just held the handpiece so freakin' tight, she was causing herself a God-awful amount of pain and discomfort.

She was her own worse enemy.

Hmm, something to think about then, thanks, I'm not sure if it was actually doing nails that's caused my problem in the first place (I also do a lot of massage) but it's certainly not helping. I know I have to figure that one out first (with the help of the physio hopefully), because I love being able to call myself a nail technician and I've only just started really! Also having read up on the Kupa training it seems I need to be a bit more confident & competent with my manual techniques first. I think I'll do a bit more research and work before I invest :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back