Nail forms-how to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Im having problems with forms. Any advice on getting the form flat against the nail and staying in place? I get the form on fine but gel or L&P goes under the nail. Because the finger moves I find it impossible to keep the form in place. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmmmm I'm trying to think of how to explain what I do in words...!

Firstly, do you use forms like the ones pictured (from whatever brand) or do you use ones that are like a horseshoe shape? I find the ones pictured to be far better personally.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403307718.576407.jpg

I take the form, peel it away from the back and pop out the middle, placing into on the back of the lines area for extra strength. Then I try to bend it into a curve in the centre and mould it into the natural curve of the nail. When applying into the clients nail I will ensure it's flush right underneath the free edge and pinch the two corners of the form together when I'm happy. If need be, I will cut it where needed but usually not.

Someone else might have some more advice but if nothing else I've hopefully bumped this post up again 😜

I actually struggled to apply these at first but then I got my clients to push their nail against it too which helped it fit neatly underneath with no gap.

Hope this helps x

Yeah that's the type of forms and thats what I do but it doesn't stay flush against the nail it always moves xxx

Hiya when I first started sculpting, I had similar problems . I watched Greg salo on young nails on YouTube ( he has a vid on fitting a form ) I follow the way he does it and don't have any issues now. X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Sometimes a little form tailoring is needed to get the form flat and perfectly fitted under the nail with no gaps. The way you slip on the form and secure it can also be a factor. Also don't play with the form too much because you end up taking the sticky away from it and it doesn't stick as well. This video is pretty helpful.

YN Nail Forms - Tips and Tricks - YouTube

Actually I probably do touch the form too much thanks very much :) xxx

Latest posts

Back