Nail Hardener On Hair Extension Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clazaridis

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I went to see a new client last week, she already has hair extensions fitted by someone else with the shrinkie method. I had previously been to see her in January as she was having problems with the hair and couldn't get hold of the original extensionist. The hair was shedding from the glue tip and leving them behind with no hair in them. A few months have passed since I first saw her and again she can't get hold of her and asked me to perform maintenance and tidy them up until she can afford a new set in a few weeks. My question is the original extensionist eventually came back in Jan and put nail hardener on the tips whilst they were in her hair to harden the tips and stop them coming apart and shedding the hair. Is this normal, can you put nail hardener on the bonds?? Personally I thought this waqs just a way of bodging up the extensions to stay in longer saving the trouble of removing and replacing???

Hi geeks!

I went to see a new client last week, she already has hair extensions fitted by someone else with the shrinkie method. I had previously been to see her in January as she was having problems with the hair and couldn't get hold of the original extensionist. The hair was shedding from the glue tip and leving them behind with no hair in them. A few months have passed since I first saw her and again she can't get hold of her and asked me to perform maintenance and tidy them up until she can afford a new set in a few weeks. My question is the original extensionist eventually came back in Jan and put nail hardener on the tips whilst they were in her hair to harden the tips and stop them coming apart and shedding the hair. Is this normal, can you put nail hardener on the bonds?? Personally I thought this waqs just a way of bodging up the extensions to stay in longer saving the trouble of removing and replacing???

Hi clazaridis, I suppose it would work .... but as you said it would probably be just a quick fix, I don't suppose its a professionally done thing,
I would say prevention is better than cure .... as the hair should have been more secure in the first place,
:) minky

Yes I agree, this so called extensionist is hard to get hold of apparently and then uses excuses like i've not paid my phonebill and can't find my spare phone to get in contact with the client, I can see a few more fix me up jobs coming my way! It is good to get feedback from other good extensionists on here, so I now have info to go back with and it also gives me tips for future clients! Thanks!

Grrrr this kinda thing really gets my goat!!!!
The extensionist sounds like a right cowboy, we really should be pushing for compulsory state registering for all hairdressers / extensionists to get rid of these cowgirls!It would greatly improve the industry and the whole hair extension reputation!!!

Nail hardener???!!!! I really have heard it all now. What next, a dab of superglue?

Apparently she used to use nail hardner on all her tips prior to fitting but found it too time consuming.......it's the clients first set of hair extensions, thankfully now i've been and spoken to her she isn't put off by her bad experience......

Apparently she used to use nail hardner on all her tips prior to fitting but found it too time consuming.......it's the clients first set of hair extensions, thankfully now i've been and spoken to her she isn't put off by her bad experience......

Unbelievable :rolleyes: clazaridis no wonder they shed .... How on earth did you keep a straight face when she told you :eek: ?.... I don't think I could have kept my face straight.... so well done for handling it all so very professionally,

Unbelievable :rolleyes: clazaridis no wonder they shed .... How on earth did you keep a straight face when she told you :eek: ?.... I don't think I could have kept my face straight.... so well done for handling it all so very professionally,

I quite suprised myself by not laughing, I just stood there completely bemused by it! I had never heard such a thing! Had to check on here with everyone to make sure it was a no no!!

It is most definatly a no-no!

Latest posts

Back