Nail infection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEB1991

Reaction score
I had gel enhancements on and accidentally torn one off! Very painful at the time! :( it seems to have left a gap under my natural nail which looks like it's getting bigger does it look like an infection to you and what advice would you advise me?

Thanks in advance
Chloe xxx

Attachments

• DSC_1227.jpg
    DSC_1227.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 537
It doesn't look infected, just pulled away from your nail bed. Keep them short and it should grow out

it doesnt look infected but dont put any overlays or polish on until it has grown out a bit. And monitor it, if it starts to become sore or irritable then get it check out. In the meantime yes it is best to keep it short and maybe put some nail treatment on it that contain vitamins u can buy a polish looking treatment that goes on ur nail which also leaves a gloss. They work wonders when ur nails are damged xx

Thanks ladies. I had shellac on the top but I have just taken it off cos it was causing discomfort. It's not painful but enough what was this product called Eco? Sounds just what I need xxx

Keep it short and use lots of solar oil. Looks like onycholisis not an infection.

Looks like onycholosis to me. As said above. Keep them short & solar oil regularly. Xx

Looks like onycholosis to me. As said above. Keep them short & solar oil regularly. Xx
Am I right in thinking that that is a technical word for the nail coming away from the nail bed. And would you say it was because of the trauma of my enhancement coming off? Xxx

Onycholysis is separation of the nail plate for the nail bed and it probably in this instance has been caused by the trauma of losing your gel nail. keep it short and lots of solar oil, works a treat but can take a little while to re- attach securely. do not prod and poke underneath the free edge this can make it worse.

Am I right in thinking that that is a technical word for the nail coming away from the nail bed. And would you say it was because of the trauma of my enhancement coming off? Xxx

Pretty much yeah. And as for the nail trauma I'd say so yes.
I had onycholosis for a while on my thumb due to over buffing by another tech that used to do my nails. (Which can also cause it) But with regular use of solar oil it has gone. Xx

Yes.
If you put the word into "Howjsay" it will tell you how to prununciate as there are a lot of similar technical words you will want to use when explaining to your clients.x

Yes, it is. It can be caused by a number of things - reaction to chemicals, skin disease, infection, trauma, etc. In your case, where you had the trauma to your nail, that's the most likely explanation. Keeping your nails short, using solar oil and avoiding more trauma should set it right, although it may take a couple of months. Tea tree oil is worth trying as well.

Latest posts

Back