Nail Licences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KelMcNail

Reaction score
Hey, could some one give me information on nail licences? how do you go about getting one? only recently have i heard about them! Are they just in certain countries? :smack:

Hey, could some one give me information on nail licences? how do you go about getting one? only recently have i heard about them! Are they just in certain countries? :smack:

Hi Kel

I have only heard of the Nail Licences in America although I would love to see them here in the UK and Ireland.

Hopefully this would help to weed out the cowboys and girls so to speak.

hey, i agree totally, we need more rules etc over on this side... i am seeing some scary stuff over here at the moment!

Hopefully this would help to weed out the cowboys and girls so to speak.

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, having to be licensed doesn't necessarily weed out the wannabe's. There are many UNlicensed nail techs and nail salons in my state...heck, there are many just in my neighborhood.

I wish state board could/would crack down on the UNlicensed but so far, it doesn't seem to be working. :irked:

Hi All the Nail Licence are a great idea.. I have to sit one when I move to Canada to allow me to continue being a Nail Tech.. I wish it was the same in every country ... xx

Yeah, I got mine in September.

So for those of you who arent in the US, how do you get discounts off of professional items? Do you show your proof of education from the school you were trained in?

Hi

We normally buy the products from the company we trained with. Don't get discount unless its at the local Sally's store who trades to anyone. Sally's give discount if you have a trade card.. But the products are not that great.. I buy from Creative... xx

hey, so if i decided to go to new york and do nails i would have to organise a nail license?? :confused:

would you be employed without one?

hey.... i found out that if you are from another country and you want to work in the US and hold a Nail License that you have to show proof of working and qualifying in the Nail Industry for over 5Yrs and the state will issue you one.

Thanks for your help!

I think it is different for each state, actually. I have been looking into it as I am qualifying (such as it is) in Australia, but we might move back to the US (either California or, hopefully, Oregon). In Oregon, you have to show proof of having completed a course and how much, if any, you have worked and sit the exam. There are different requirements depending on whether you went to a state school (I think that would be TAFE or a RTO here) or did a home study course, probably thinking of all those folks from the British Isles where home study is so accepted. You need to go to the state licensing board for the state you are looking at and see what their reciprocity requirements are. I think it is 250 hours in Oregon, too.

Latest posts

Back