Nail nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking for a bit of advice. The last 2 days doing nails has been a total nightmare. Yesterday I had a client wanting Gelish, Jetset & Gossip Girl. All was going great until the very end when I removed sticky layer and I noticed it looking rather messy at the cuticle area. I used an orange wood stick, it was actually scraping off so applied the colour again. It turned out ok but I wasn't satisfied with it.
Today another Gelish mani with Need a tan. After 3 coats it was still looking rather streaky, I did shake & roll the bottle, first layer was thin but still needed a 4th coat. I started but had to stop as it looked an utter mess. I removed it and I'm going back tomorrow to do it. I just don't understand what is going on. Im not doing anything different apart from today i used Brisa lite sculpting gel before i applied the colour. Anybody else experienced this? I'm feeling so down:( xx

Hi all
I'm looking for a bit of advice. The last 2 days doing nails has been a total nightmare. Yesterday I had a client wanting Gelish, Jetset & Gossip Girl. All was going great until the very end when I removed sticky layer and I noticed it looking rather messy at the cuticle area. I used an orange wood stick, it was actually scraping off so applied the colour again. It turned out ok but I wasn't satisfied with it.
Today another Gelish mani with Need a tan. After 3 coats it was still looking rather streaky, I did shake & roll the bottle, first layer was thin but still needed a 4th coat. I started but had to stop as it looked an utter mess. I removed it and I'm going back tomorrow to do it. I just don't understand what is going on. Im not doing anything different apart from today i used Brisa lite sculpting gel before i applied the colour. Anybody else experienced this? I'm feeling so down:( xx

It sounds totally like a curing issue in case number one ...,. and case number two could just be the case that some gels need 3-4 coats to get a good opacity. The fact that you were applying the colour over Brisa Lite sculpting gel would not cause the problem you had, but if your gel isn't curing then probably your Sculpting gel wasn't curing either? I wont ask the UV Lamp question ... surely you were using the CND lamp with Brisa Lite if you were wanting a full cure.

That's the first thing I thought of too - your bulbs! It happened to me once, exactly the same, and I realised at the end of the service that one of my bulbs was completely out.

I will check my bulbs tomorrow but the lamp is not even 6 months old and I haven't used it that much.
I borrowed a CND lamp for today, it's 2 weeks old... I don't have the CND lamp yet, was hoping to buy it at the Scottish beauty show but couldn't go. Anyway I sampled the Brisa lite on myself using my current UV lamp its been 2.5 weeks and its still looking good apart from the regrowth lol.
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow with the Gelish mani. Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back