Nail photos help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
Ive recently just trained in Hollywood toes and fingers and i have been practicing my skills on friends family and myself. However i am trying to build up a profolio of my work before i offer it as a service.
BUT>.............i cant seem to get any decent photos of my nails. I have a very good 12megapixel digital camera but the shine off the nails always interferes, so when i take a photo yoy cant see the nails its so bright.:irked: Ive managed to take a few but im missing out on loads of other designs i have done as i cant get a good pic and if the pic doesnt do the nails justice then theres no point in keeping it.:eek:

Even on my phone i cant get a good shot because of the flash. Ive seen so many loverly pics of peoples nails ..........anyone know if i should have it on a particular setting etc ???

I just read a great article in NailPro about this very problem. I will try and find the link to it for you. They have great information on how to solve all the issues with taking pictures of nails

I just read a great article in NailPro about this very problem. I will try and find the link to it for you. They have great information on how to solve all the issues with taking pictures of nails

that would be great thanks :green:

How to Build a Light Box | Nailpro here is a link to a video where it shows you how to make a light box which is perfect for taking the pictures. I cant find the actual artical i read in the mag but have a look at the vid and there might be a link to the article. Or maybe if you read this months issue online. HTH

I had this very same problem and have come to realise that actually having the camera further away and zooming in stops the flash being as bright.

The other way that I got some of my best pics was from using my MINX lamp as the light and turning the flash off - they looked loads better.

I agree though that there's no point showing pics if they don't do the nails justice, a camera can really make a good set of nails look fantastic or horrible.

Do you have a macro setting on your camera it's a flower symbol? You can get in real close and get some fab shots also I sometimes take the photos outside as the natural light makes for a nice photo. Hth x

Latest posts

Back