Nail plate loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadeh

Reaction score
hi
i was just wondering if any one can offer some advice, my nan has recently had kimo treatment and it seems to be causing her problems with her fingers and toe nails the whole nail plate has fallen off leaving the skin underneath unprotected they are very sore i was wondering if anyone has come across this before and if there is anything we can do to stop them becoming infected
hope one of u geeks can help
thanks

jade xx

hi
i was just wondering if any one can offer some advice, my nan has recently had kimo treatment and it seems to be causing her problems with her fingers and toe nails the whole nail plate has fallen off leaving the skin underneath unprotected they are very sore i was wondering if anyone has come across this before and if there is anything we can do to stop them becoming infected
hope one of u geeks can help
thanks

jade xx

I don't think you need to worry about infection.

The finger ends are sore because all the nerve endings are more exposed than they were. After all, the function of the nail plate is to protect the delicate ends of the fingers .. if the nail plate is gone, it stands to reason the finger ends will be sore.

Once exposed to the air, the delicate tissue of the exposed nail beds will become dry and less sore. Using Solar Oil daily will keep the skin soft but at this time, it may be better for the nail bed to be allowed go dry to give some protection, now that the nail plate is no longer there to do the job.

I don't think you need to worry about infection.

The finger ends are sore because all the nerve endings are more exposed than they were. After all, the function of the nail plate is to protect the delicate ends of the fingers .. if the nail plate is gone, it stands to reason the finger ends will be sore.

Once exposed to the air, the delicate tissue of the exposed nail beds will become dry and less sore. Using Solar Oil daily will keep the skin soft but at this time, it may be better for the nail bed to be allowed go dry to give some protection, now that the nail plate is no longer there to do the job.

please DO worry about infection.
patients on chemotherapy are at increased risk of infection because their immune system is compromised. as long as the skin isnt broken she should be ok, but she must see a doc if there is any sign of infection

Latest posts

Back