Nail polish brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Which brand does everyone recommend for ordinary polish? Not sure whether to get Morgan Taylor, OPI, China glaze.... Etc. any advice will be appreciated :)

I've heard great things about all that jazz by nail & harmony. I will be training with it. I do love the opi colour range too :)

Thank you, I'll have a look x

OPI definitely! Great range of colours and lasts well. Its all I would use on my clients when they ask for normal polish [emoji4]

I love opi not just for the colour range but I love the brush aswel it's thicker than most and can be applied neatly.

I will be watching this, as I bought a load of China glaze and I'm not impressed.
Ruby wing polishes are great, the colour change ones.
And last pretty well for a regular polish.

So opi it is I think! Thought I would ask about China glaze as its a tad cheaper but if that compromises quality then not worth it

I use both OPI & China Glaze. I actually really like the China Glaze but some of the colours aren't 'true' and the paler colours can be streaky. OPI is always a winner & my clients love it. :)

I don't rate opi personally. China glaze have gorgeous colours but they don't last and I find they chip easily regardless of what base/top I use.

I use all that jazz now and love it. Lasts more than a week, amazing colour range & complete coverage in 2 coats. x

I changed my nailspolish from pronails and artdeco to OPI.
Because OPI is more known to ppl so they buy it quicker
Everyone likes OPI more then the brands I had.

Someone is bringing a load of OPI through to me on Wednesday! Can't wait!

I use alot of opi and i love sinful, i have alot of china glaze & i would only recommend the glitters, from my experience they go really streaky, twice iv had a bad experience with a pale pink and a orange one called flip flop fantasy, streaking and needing to many coats. Really bad , ORLY nail polish is cheap and really good to i would compare that to opi. Glam lac is lovley also x

Can I ask please ( sorry to jump on thread ) when using normal nail polish do you use a normal top coat or maybe a gel top coat and cure? I'm very new to this too x

I use either hun. Gel top coat looks lovley over normal nail polish x

Ah lovely thank you :) x

If you are using a gel polish over a normal nail polish do you need to use the gel base as well?
Or can I do the standard manicure and then just cure with the gel polish?
Thanks

Can I ask please ( sorry to jump on thread ) when using normal nail polish do you use a normal top coat or maybe a gel top coat and cure? I'm very new to this too x[/

You can't mix & match your gels with regular nail varnish I'm afraid. Gel top coat is only for use with gel polish.

In response to the original post, I'm an OPI lover of both gel & polish [emoji3]

You shouldn't use gel topcoat over normal nail polish. It cracks and smudges. Get a good normal topcoat like seche vite.

Yeah I have Seche Vite and I love it but just reading this and thought it would be great to be able to use a gel top coat on normal polish, never tried it!
Oh well :)

All that jazz I found to be the best (and I tried several) great coverage and durability [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back