Nail polish storage, any ideas?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie_glo

Reaction score
Hi Girls and guys!

I have a lovely aluminum trolley that i store my nail stuff in (which seems to increase daily at the moment!) but i am having an issue with nail polish storage - i was just wondering what you fellow geeks do?

i am a bit of a neat freak and i have a whole layer in my box but there drive me mad falling over and then i jhave to search for ages through them all the find the colour i want.... is there anything out there that can save my sanity???

Thanks peeps!

Jodie x x x x

I am not mobile so I just have mine on a rack, but I have a friend who bought scrapbooking boxes from a craft store, the ones that you can put your 12 x 12 sheets that you are currently working on in. The height of the box fits an opi bottle perfectly and she is able to store several bottles in each box, and then she just uses the wheels to paint the different colors in each box in and has her clients choose from the wheels.

I am not mobile so I just have mine on a rack, but I have a friend who bought scrapbooking boxes from a craft store, the ones that you can put your 12 x 12 sheets that you are currently working on in. The height of the box fits an opi bottle perfectly and she is able to store several bottles in each box, and then she just uses the wheels to paint the different colors in each box in and has her clients choose from the wheels.

thanks hun! i will have to go have a look in my local craft shop!

Jodie x x x

Hi girls just to let you know i found a really cool storage box - its no good for me as i only use OPI polishes and it clearly states on there that it is not suitable for OPI or Orly but if you use anything else i think this is perfect so here is the link!

Buy Polish Carry Case from Beauty Express

Hth

Jodie x x x

Tackle boxes can work, also screw organizers that have adjustable slots!
Posted via Mobile Device

Tackle boxes can work, also screw organizers that have adjustable slots!
Posted via Mobile Device

Good idea i never thought of that! and i work for the biggest fishing tackle manufacturors in the europe (As my day job!) - i might be able able to wangle some for free! woop woop

thanks hun

jodie x x x

I find myself in the same dilemma. I have a ton of polishes in all shapes and sizes, and have done lots of research....here are the ideas I'm deciding between, all good ones I found from other nail addicts.
For containers: look up snapware snap 'n stack craft containers. They are modular containers, by which I mean the bottom of one acts as a lid to the next. They are clear, but to make polish identification easier take those small white label dots, paint it with one polish and stick the polished dot to the top of the cap. This is good if you don't necessarily have the desire or ability to put it on display.

Buy a cheap acrylic wall shelf or table display (it looks like tiny stadium seating for your nail polishes :D ) These are pretty cheap on ebay, I found one for under $30 which hold 65 bottles.

Make your own wall display with a large 3 compartment metal mesh utensil organizer. I attached a photo. (I found this awesome idea from a young woman on pinterest.) Turn it sideways and add some straight pieces of wire about 1" above each "shelf" to act as a "seat belt" to hold your polishes still. The wire can slip right through the holes in the mesh and you can crimp it with just a pair of pliers or your hands.

Another idea is to take those hanging jewelry organizers and use each pocket for one or two bottles of polish. My only worry is that the hanger part may not be able to support all that weight. I want to try it though, I'm going to get a bunch of these "little black dress" organizers and hang them on my wall in my sewing room/personal nail salon. I think it will be very cute.

And then, my FAVORITE, although not the most economical from what I've found so far... glue a small round magnet (you know, the little black ones that look like mini hockey pucks) one to the back of each bottle of polish. Then take a magnetic whiteboard, hang it on the wall, and just put your polish magnets up!! I really want to do this one, I'm even thinking of whether I might be able to just get a large sheet of steel, paint it, make a pretty frame around it, and then hang it up. Those magnetic boards are just too expensive!

I feel awful for not being able to give credit where credit is due...as I said I did not come up with these ideas (as much as I wish I had! )
But just search Pinterest for nail polish organization and you'll not only find the proper credits but also step by step instructions!

Attachments

• 2015-05-14 03.00.46.png
    2015-05-14 03.00.46.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back