Quantcast

Nail Polish Under gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

Wondered if any gel users out there had applied gel over polish sucessfully. I polished a nail two days ago .... applied acid free primer, basic one step gel and then finish gel and believe it or not - it's still totally sealed - with a massive shine!! Couldn't get it off if I tried (obviously it would buff off .. lol!). Really suprised as it goes against anything I've ever learned about gels not adhering to shiny surface etc. (bit of a bummer after I've just invested in coloured gel, but you live and learn).

Looks like I'll be strutting around with a handful of 'forever french' with one thumbnail polished and standing out a mile ... but I've gotta see if this stands the test of time !!!!

Vicky

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Huh... technically speaking... you can; though more people have problems than not with this technique.

Good on you for making it work for you :D

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi

Just veering slightly off course her but did you see Leighton Denny's cover on scratch this month?

He used clear polish and glitter in between l+p so what do you think to that? What will the durability be like?

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Geek
Reaction score
no comment ;)

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
The Nail Geek said:
no comment ;)

:cry: but i want one!!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Reaction score
Cover shots for Mags are done with a specific look in mind not the durability............
Only a test of time would give you an answer there.................
Maybe Leighton will answer this one if you email his team.........or send him a PM
He is a member on this board VIPnails.........

For a salon I would go the complete L&P route......... inlay the glitter in clear L&P.......If you are a tip user use a clear tip amd take it from there.........
Then buff to a high shine..................
JMHO

Latest posts