Nail repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiejoe

Reaction score
This will sound like a really silly question to all you experienced techs but please bare with me.
How would you repair a l&p tip if it has broken across the free edge? Do you soak and take the whole thing off and start again or is there a trade secret in what to?
I have tried a search and can't find an answer. :)

I've always soaked off and started again

So I maybe on the right track then. Thought I may have been doing something wrong.

This will sound like a really silly question to all you experienced techs but please bare with me.
How would you repair a l&p tip if it has broken across the free edge? Do you soak and take the whole thing off and start again or is there a trade secret in what to?
I have tried a search and can't find an answer. :)
I personally would use a form and sculpt the tip on rather than soak off and start from scratch.Far easier.HTH

BABSann, how would you do that?:)

BABSann, how would you do that?:)
I would file away the damage,place a form under the free edge and build up to the same length of the other enhancements (following usual routine of whatever system you're using)HTH

either sculpt or take 5 mins thinning the product down then re-apply the tip as apposed to soaking for 20 minutes.

So you can file down and re-apply the tip with out removing every last trace of product?

So you can file down and re-apply the tip with out removing every last trace of product?

as long as the product has no lifting or any other problems then yes you can

You dont need to remove every last trace of product.Think about when you do a rebalance,you dont need to remove all product.Just remove any lifting product and go from there.

Thanks fellow geeks!!!:) :) :) :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

what i do is, if the well part of the tip is still there, so to speak and has snapped off lower down, i sculpt a new bit of tip, if it has snapped off completely, i will file down the product in zone 2 and bevel it towards the free edge and either reapply tip or sculpt competely
the only time i would ever soak off, would be if the breakage of the tip had created lifting etc and it was too much to file away

Latest posts

Back